NHT Super Zero V2.0 as desktop speakers

S

sweiss420

Audiophyte
Hi - just joined this site, not sure if this is the place to post this... but wanted to pass along how happy I am am with the NHT Super Zero V2.0 speakers for my desktop.

I started out wanting to upgrade my tiny and awful sounding computer speakers as I am spending more time in from of my computer at home for work.

I looked at Audioengine but didn't want to spend for the A5+. I read reviews for many bookshelf speakers and settled on the NHT Super Zero, found got a pair on ebay for $100.00 that seem brand new, their footprint is very small for a bookshelf speaker. I hooked them up to a Nakamichi SR-3 that I've had for a while - they sound so amazing! My living room system is B&W 704, REL sub and Rotel processor and 200W power amp with a Lavry engineering DA-10 DAC and I love how it sounds.

I decided to get a cheapo subwoofer, the NHTs do everything right but are missing the low end. I picked up on ebay an Energy e:xl-s8 subwoofer ($78) and spent a little time dialing it in. This setup has really changed my mind about small speakers. The NHT are great for my desktop and the sub fits under the desk against the wall very nicely.

The soundstage is amazing - the music is like silk, it just flows. I am using a super cheap CD player for a source - I can only imagine what this rig would do if it had a good front end supplying the music.

Now my biggest problem is getting work done as I get getting lost in how great the music is sounding!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for letting us know about your gear! I use NHT speakers in my main system, and I've been very happy with them, too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis