NFL Football 2008-09

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
It was a brilliant move. Absolutely brilliant.

No one has paid attention to the Bills in 10 years. Now they will be mentioned and shown on virtually every episode of every sports show from now until the offseason, at which point they'll be talked about again because his contract is up.

The Bills got a real gamer, a fantastic player, and guaranteed year-long media exposure at the price of some occasional bad publicity.
Exactly! There is no risk involved in signing T.O. The Bills have not made the playoffs in 9 years, ticket sales were dropping and have been non-existent in the national spotlight since the superbowl years. The worst possible situation is the Bills have another losing season and T.O blows up in the media. Remember, he only signed a 1 year contract so if it does not work out they don't resign him with no salary cap hit.

The positives that come out of this move is the Bills have 2 #1 receivers and the potential of being one of the deadliest combos in the league. The Buffalo organization now sells more tickets, merchandise and are getting respect nationally. From both a football and especially marketing standpoint this is one of the best signings in the history of sports. The Bills go from getting at the most 1 prime time game to possibly 3 now. Thats how big of an impact T.O has. I heard he is going to be living in T.O (Toronto) too. LOL.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Exactly! There is no risk involved in signing T.O. The Bills have not made the playoffs in 9 years, ticket sales were dropping and have been non-existent in the national spotlight since the superbowl years. The worst possible situation is the Bills have another losing season and T.O blows up in the media. Remember, he only signed a 1 year contract so if it does not work out they don't resign him with no salary cap hit.

The positives that come out of this move is the Bills have 2 #1 receivers and the potential of being one of the deadliest combos in the league. The Buffalo organization now sells more tickets, merchandise and are getting respect nationally. From both a football and especially marketing standpoint this is one of the best signings in the history of sports. The Bills go from getting at the most 1 prime time game to possibly 3 now. Thats how big of an impact T.O has. I heard he is going to be living in T.O (Toronto) too. LOL.
I wouldn't consider Evans a #1 receiver, but I guess we all have different standards.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I wouldn't consider Evans a #1 receiver, but I guess we all have different standards.

He is definitely a #1 receiver. You have to realize he has had no other help on the other side of him his entire career in Buffalo and faces constant double teams because he is their only threat in that position. Their other receivers are just not talented enough to compliment him. He has always played with other receivers that would be #3 or #4 receivers if they played on other teams. If they double cover Owens, Evans will have a break out year. Evans is a superb deep threat as well T.O. This will help the Bills running game.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis