newer or not so new receivers

M

marcipi

Audioholic Intern
I own a Marantz sr 8002 as a pre amp to a Rotel power and was working pretty well in a 5.1 arrangement but a few weeks ago it developed some trouble in the HDMI board.I think that the part number ia CIP 11982Z and if i can´t find a replacement for it,I´m thinking about buying A denon 4308ci or a Marantz 6009,although people told me that moden receivers have less sound quality than older ones.Iwonde if you could help me with opinions or may have na idea where I could find that digital board

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I'm pretty sure that reported downgrade in sound quality is somewhat exaggerated, particularly since your current receiver falls into the category of "newer receivers".

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
http://www.audiogene.com.br

Have you tried contacting a dealer to see if you can get it serviced, first?

Unless you are using the receivers amp channels to power multiple zones, you could save yourself good bit of money by not buying a top of the line receiver. You will not experience any appreciable increase in sound quality running it solely as a preamp.

As for your comment on overall quality downgrade, that is *mostly* related to the receiver's amp. If you are not using it, it is of no concern. But you can also find very good deals on SR6001's, for example.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
although people told me that moden receivers have less sound quality than older ones.
New AVRs (if comparing similar price class/ features, etc.) sound at least as good. In some cases the newer AVRs may subjectively sound better because they are more equipped with certain EQ like DEQ (as an example).

M

marcipi

Audioholic Intern
Good night Warrior.I tried to contact the dealer in Brazil bur he told me that at this moment he hasn´t the board.I also tried Marantz USA but he didn´t tell me if he has or hasn´t the board.He just wrote on his e-mail that they don´t send parts overseas.Well,I just asked him if he still carried the part!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis