E

Eggman

Audiophyte
Hey guys,
Always nervous being new, but I had a question. I am trying to put together the best used system I can. I've narrowed it down to 3; which is better an rx-v595, rx-v795a, or an rx-v450? Which one will be the best, and what are the biggest differences for the $$$? Please help me decide I like all of them; the v450 is a little more but.... I get confused when it comes to sorting all the features. Remember, i'm working with pennies here.

Thanks so much everyone!
eggman

Last edited:
racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
You may want to wait a while and save up some more money. I know what it's like to have the itch to buy something, but age has taught me to be a little more patient. When I first got into home theater I bought whatever I could afford. Now I do a lot of research and then wait until I can afford what I want to buy. I have been much happier with my setup since I adopted the latter philosophy.

Just a thought.

WndrBr3d

WndrBr3d

Full Audioholic
I agree.

It's better to save and buy a system once, then spending 50% of your savings now only to buy hardware you'll want to replace in two years when you have the money to buy a better system.

E

Eggman

Audiophyte
thanks guys,

I completely understand, and I have been trying to do as much patient research as i can, but this has been an itch for a long time. All of my audio equipment was struck by lightning and I need something for now. I can always upgrade later, but no music is killing me!! know what i mean?!

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
Looks like the one you want, rx-v450, is the newest receiver and incorporates the newest features as well as having the best internals from what I can tell. If you want something that will be a little more future friendly, then I'd say go with the rx-v450. It's 6.1 where as the others are 5.1, has component video switching, and appears to be a higher end model compared to the others. That was my impressions looking at those models very quickly (I'm at work, so can't look too long). Since I haven't owned or used any of those models, I am only going by the specs on the Yamaha website.

Hope that helped.

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
Eggman said:
thanks so much alan
No problem. If you pick that one up (or any of them), don't be afraid to post your impressions.

E

Eggman

Audiophyte
I just read an article that th rx-v450 is without video conversion and S-video connections. Is this bad?

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
Video connections can always go directly to your TV/monitor. If you are able to hook everything you want to hook up directly to your TV/monitor, then don't worry about it. Assess what you need to hook up and whether you will need/want the receiver to be involved in the video chain.

WndrBr3d

WndrBr3d

Full Audioholic
Eggman said:
All of my audio equipment was struck by lightning and I need something for now....
alandamp said:
Looks like the one you want, rx-v450
And a good power center! Also, double check your houses' grounding wire! ;)

E

Eggman

Audiophyte
you know it WndrBr3d!! I learned that lesson the hard way.

i've thrown a rx-v730 in the mix as well can't find to much info on it though, other than it has more inputs and less watts. i am so confused right now, but i understand a couple of things. I either want to spend as much as i can to look to the future, or spend as little as possible on something good that will work for now... and then get a good surge protector and begin the saving process. I really like the v795a a lot, and I believe you guys about the v450, but If I can get a rx v595 for under $100 should i do it?

JC people have told me the rx series is better. I don't know though... i am on a very tight budget!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis