W

WilRember7

Audiophyte
I was just wondering what people's thoughts are on the new Yamaha receivers. RX-V1600 and RX-V2600. It was worthing upgrading from RX-V1500 to the new RX-V1600?

Also....
Any word on the new Denon AVRs? AVR-2806, AVR-3806, and the new line AVR-4306.

Old debate Denon vs Yamaha. LOL

:)

M

Mobius

Junior Audioholic
I think the new line of Yamaha's look nice and would be a great choice to run a system off of. I however don't feel that going from a 1500 to a 1600 makes a whole lot of sense. I would step up to a 2600 or 4600 if it were me, but that's just my opinion. The new Denon's are looking nice as well as the new Pioneer Elites. I really don't think you can go wrong with any of them as you are getting a hell of a lot of features and processing power for your money. I'm also looking forward to seeing the next batch of Marantz receivers as well as some other brands.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
The main two things the 1600 has over the 1500 are HDMI video switching and XM radio. If one of those are important then it may be worth the upgrade. For me I'll be happy with my 1500 at least until it is incapable of decoding any new generation of surround formats.

Last edited:
Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
I usually try to upgrade every three generations unless something hugely important comes out.

I do plan on upgrading to a RX-V2600 or Denon AVR4306 sometime in the next 6-12months, but I am tempted to wait more time and just go with a DVDO HD+ Scaler..

~Bob

M

Method

Junior Audioholic
but I am tempted to wait more time and just go with a DVDO HD+ Scaler..
WTF is THAT, when's it due out, and for how much?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis