New Yamaha Aventage Models?

M

mmulhern

Audioholic Intern
New to the forum but I've been nosing around on it for a few weeks learning about speakers and receivers for home theater.

Does anyone know when the new Yamaha Aventage AVRs are coming out? Specifically the 2030 and 3030?

I've been looking at an RX-A2030 for some time but now I see the 2030 has been 'discontinue' at some outlets (like Best buy).

I currently own a RX-V673 and am looking to upgrade. Was emailing with Yamaha tech support 2 weeks ago and was told 'all new AVENTAGE receivers coming out over the next couple of months will have internal Wifi capabilities.'

Of course, they wouldn't tell me when and I'm sure added wifi won't be the only tweak.

Don't want to purchase a receiver only to see 'latest and greatest' on sale 2 weeks later.

Any information someone might have would be helpful.

mm

AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Full Audioholic
Yamaha says the "Public Launch" of the RX-A..40 series (RX-A740, RX-A840, A1040, A2040 and A3040) will be June 24th. However, they also indicate "Shipping: June - August", so they may not all roll out at the same time. I think the RX-A740 and 840 are available within a few days.

M

mmulhern

Audioholic Intern
Appreciate the advice re:wifi extender. That's how my RX-V673 was set up.

My home was hit by lightening or power surge or something this past Friday. Took out (through surge protector) my receiver, TV (TC-P60ZT65) and my projector.

Panasonic came and fixed the TV today. Replaced the two power supplies (there is a primary and secondary, forget what the tech called them) and motherboard.

Now I need to replace the receiver (out of warranty) then figure out my projector situation. Looking for a receiver with at least 2 powered zones in order to have synced audio in both zones.

The RX-V673 didn't have both Zone 1 + 2 in sync. I have loudspeakers in my living room, kitchen and patio/pool area. The RX-A20xx or RX-A30xx will fit the bill given my zone situation. I don't mind spending a little extra $$ to get the latest model. I don't want to purchase only to find out a new model was released a month after my purchase. That would drive me nuts.

Any suggestions of other receiver manufacturers?

I'm not a hard core audiophile but reading on this site has inspired me to consider revamping the entire 5.1 situation in my living room with hi end speakers. My current set up is run-of-the-mill Speakcraft speakers from Best Buy. I realize now there is a whole new universe of options to look into and have fun with.

To boil it down, I'm looking for a multi-zone receiver with a nice control app for the phone and adequate growth potential to add an amplifier/better speakers in a few months time.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis