New TV selection help

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Hey guys I am in the market for a new tv, 60 in or bigger. My room is 15x22 and I have a cathedral ceiling w/a ceiling fan. I really want a front projector but with the fan and leasing the house I'm not sure it's possible. :( I had decided to go with http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/televisions/details.asp?id=51 this instead since I play lots of console games and watch a lot of dvd's. Is this a good tv or can I get bigger/better for the price. Also I have 2 other room mates and they are on different shifts so it will be on 24/7. thanks in advance

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
Isnt that abit on the lg side with that size room?

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Good Choice

You may want to think about the 725 with the better anti-glare screen if you have a lot of light in the room or a window opposite of the set. http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/televisions/details.asp?id=52

I've checked this set out a couple of times and like it slightly better than the Samsung DLP and JVC D-ILA. I like all three better than the Sony Grand Wega as the Sony doesn't have quite the pop with the colors IMO. But on the plus side the Sony doesn't have a color wheel to deal with.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
I noticed this one is cheaper is the picture quality eaqual? And yes I do have a lot of light issues.

Duffinator

Duffinator

There are a few differences but the PQ should be almost identical. But if you can't see it during the daytime..... I have a Toshiba 56" that reflects a lot of glare during the day that I've been dealing with for over four years. Anti glare will be a big consideration in my next purchase.

Smokhead, describe "abit on the large side"? Bigger is better in my opinion and that size room should be able to handle a 62" if you are sitting 10+ feet away.

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
Well no,bigger isnt always better. I'm 10' from my 30",i cant even think of a 62 at 10 or 12 feet.

Duffinator

Duffinator

shokhead said:
Well no,bigger isnt always better. I'm 10' from my 30",i cant even think of a 62 at 10 or 12 feet.
Do you watch TV with binoculars? Just kidding. As long as you don't see pixels or screen door effect it's not too big or too close. To each his own. I have a couple of friends with 120" screens using DLP projectors that are about 16 feet away. Quite an incredible experience if you ask me. :D

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
Duffinator said:
Anti glare will be a big consideration in my next purchase.
Amen to this one. Some mornings, I could shave in my Mitsu....

zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
Absolutely.............a friend has a 64"(?) Pioneer Elite RP that he bought about 3 years ago. The reflection is the worst I've seen..........I wouldn't want to have to work that hard to watch TV.

Having compared the Samsung DLP's to the Mitsub.'s, I'd say the Mitsub.'s have a bit better PQ but they have that damn reflection.............not an issue with the Samsung.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis