New to Home Theater, Advice

R

Reiner524

Audiophyte
Hello, I have been reading a lot of reviews and threads and would like to thank you for taking the time to read this. I have recently bought a 70" Sony KDL-70R550A for my living room that is 18' x 13'. I am situating the couch roughly 11-12' from the TV. I am looking for a 7.1 system to build. A lot of my searching starts with cnet.com, bestbuy reviews, and amazon reviews. Id like a budget system with great sound for movies as that's 90% of my use, roughly 10% music or video games. I would like to get the sony receiver STR-DN840. For the front towers and center, the Pioneer SP-FS52 and SP-C22 respectively. Also the pioneer sub SW-8MK2. I know they are not the best but after reviewing them at bestbuy i do like their sound and they are on sale for $90 a tower, $97 for the center, and $107 for the sub. As for the bookshelf speakers that go with the system, they are very large and to mount them from the wall would be inconvenient, they are 12-5/8" tall and fairly deep also. So my problem is I am looking for 4 satellite or small bookshelf speakers to use as the surround and rear speakers. My biggest concern is mixing brands. Id like to use the pioneers listed and get klispch, jbl, or polk or other budget speakers that can keep up with large pioneers but not to distinct sound to stand out during a movie or real obvious when listening to music. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and while im pretty set on the pioneers, ive considered the energy take classic 5.1 set or would be interested in hearing some ideas. Thank you, Jason.

R

Reiner524

Audiophyte
Researching more, i have found Fluance-Bipolar Surround Sound Satellite Speakers and was curious if combining 2 sets for rear and surround with the pioneers would work well. If not fluance does over similar spec front towers and center speakers but without being able to see them in a store to test and without as great of reviews as the pioneers im hesitant to jump all speakers to fluance.

R

Reiner524

Audiophyte
What is your total budget for Audio system? :)
Well thats to be determined. Would like to stay under $1000 and more preferred around the $500. Now im not counting the receiver in that but the cheaper it is the sooner I can get them. However I dont want to save $200 to get speakers now when in 2 weeks I could get alot better. Im very interested in Fluance (like the bipolar speakers for surrounds/rears), the sony towers SS-F7000 (though they lack a good center speaker to pair with), the pioneers because of reviews and price, JBL and Klipsch due to enjoying their sound as ive listened to them in stores. I would like to stay with the whole 7.0 as same brand, but if going front towers and center one brand and rears/satellites as another is an ok option, id elect that route also. My largest priority is a clean, powerful and immersing home theater experience and a budget price.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis