New subs ordered, umik and rew questions.

S

Schroedernd

Enthusiast
So I did the hsu preorder for dual hsu vtf-tn1 subs today. They will be hooked up into my current system which is a denon x4300h receiver. I have never messed around with a umik mic and rew. Can I fine tune my system with just that without having to buy a mini dsp or any other ideas/thoughts?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I just saw something in an Audyssey Tech group you might be interested in

The mic and REW are basically going to be more for measurement, and depends on hardware you have to take the eq info REW can provide....but supposedly if you have a calibration on your editor app it can work without even going thru setup again. Haven't tried myself.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Manual EQ is mostly for fine-tuning based on placement. I don't think you need it, although REW definitely helps in finding the placements with the best response. If you don't have a lot of freedom of placement in spots to place the subs, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Audyssey should do fine, although I would restrict Audyssey's corrections to 500Hz and below.

S

Schroedernd

Enthusiast
Manual EQ is mostly for fine-tuning based on placement. I don't think you need it, although REW definitely helps in finding the placements with the best response. If you don't have a lot of freedom of placement in spots to place the subs, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Audyssey should do fine, although I would restrict Audyssey's corrections to 500Hz and below.
Thanks for the help. One sub is going where the old one was and I'll work on good placement for the second one.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis