R

RodimusPrime98

Audiophyte
I like the build you did here! Let me know if I should start a separate thread for my questions but I think we have similar theater room dimensions and I am considering a similar build. My concern is the dimensions of the end enclosure and I am wondering what can be done to maintain the quality while reducing the dimensions. Also, are the recommendations for the same sub and amp still for today's products that are available?

My room is ~800sq ft plus a staircase and I will be using it primarily for movies with some occasional music listening. My problem is I am not clear on how to calculate proper sizing of a sub-woofer for diameter, watts, and SPL given listening styles and room size. Any help here would be appreciated. I am debating whether a DIY route would be better than the alternative I have been considering which is the SVS PB-2000 for $800. Also it should be noted that the existing speakers that I plan to start with were installed by the house's previous owner are in the ceiling and are Klipsch CDT-3650-C I believe (3x upfront and 2x in back)

Last edited:
selkec

selkec

Audioholic
I am looking at the iNuke. It doesn't have a trigger on, will it always be running? (I know the old sub was always on too) I would like to have something that would be idiot proof(for toddlers... and a wife that would be annoyed if there was an extra step involved).
I didn't see in this thread if you used something to trigger off the amps...
If you havent, look at Niles ac-3. You can hook a trigger into it that turns on and off the outlets on it.
I used one to trigger my two ep4000s

annunaki

annunaki

I use a Panamax unit to do the same thing in my system. It makes it simple and avoids any issues.

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
I like the build you did here! Let me know if I should start a separate thread for my questions but I think we have similar theater room dimensions and I am considering a similar build. My concern is the dimensions of the end enclosure and I am wondering what can be done to maintain the quality while reducing the dimensions. Also, are the recommendations for the same sub and amp still for today's products that are available?

My room is ~800sq ft plus a staircase and I will be using it primarily for movies with some occasional music listening. My problem is I am not clear on how to calculate proper sizing of a sub-woofer for diameter, watts, and SPL given listening styles and room size. Any help here would be appreciated. I am debating whether a DIY route would be better than the alternative I have been considering which is the SVS PB-2000 for $800. Also it should be noted that the existing speakers that I plan to start with were installed by the house's previous owner are in the ceiling and are Klipsch CDT-3650-C I believe (3x upfront and 2x in back)
800 sq ft, what is your ceiling height? Total room volume is needed for sub calculations.

This particular sub is designed for a room ~2000 cubic feet. In a room that is much larger it might start to clip, at least that is my understanding.

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
To be honest never have done anything about the power issue. For the most part it just stays on. I have also tried to get Niles equipment but it is hard to find and is usually expensive up here.

R

RodimusPrime98

Audiophyte
800 sq ft, what is your ceiling height? Total room volume is needed for sub calculations.

This particular sub is designed for a room ~2000 cubic feet. In a room that is much larger it might start to clip, at least that is my understanding.
I believe my calculations for the room are ~3000 cu. ft. I am debating two martysubs now.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis