New SD reference DVD to add to your collection

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
Hello all,

I just watched Disney’s Cars. This is one of the best standard definition DVD transfers I have seen. The picture is almost flawless and the soundtrack is awesome. Just plan on spending the $15 to put this one in your collection folks, it’s a gem.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I plan on getting this the day it comes out. I didn't get to see it in the theater, so I'm glad you are giving it a good review.

L-Jay

L-Jay

Junior Audioholic
I missed this one at the theater also. I'm looking foward to it. O yeah, I'm sure my kids will enjoy it too =)

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
Guys,

This will be the new SD DVD you use for showing off your home theater. ;)

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
is the soundtrack DTS or DD, and is it 5.1 or 6.1? My current reference DVD is Toy Story 2, the picture is good, and the soundtrack is DTS-ES and it starts out with lots of good surround and LFE right from the start of the movie.

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
The sound track is Dolby Digital and it is superb in all channels. There is allot of action and fast hard pans to the surrounds.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
RLA said:
Hello all,

I just watched Disney’s Cars. This is one of the best standard definition DVD transfers I have seen. The picture is almost flawless and the soundtrack is awesome. Just plan on spending the $15 to put this one in your collection folks, it’s a gem.
Thanks for the "heads up" Ray. How's the movie though?

SBF1

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I haven't bought any DVDs recently, but this one will be on my buy list for sure.

The cool thing about Pixar is it's never really a transfer (in the film sense of the word). They are absolutely pristine because it's a digital conversion the entire way. And they do look fantastic.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There are some digital projector theaters that you can actually watch it fully digital :) Only one around here in my area I think.

E

edonsmith

Audioholic Intern
I agree that the sound and video was great, but I was so uninterested in the story I could not finish it.

Don

B

BostonMark

Audioholic
animation thumbs up length thumbs down

I have to agree on many points. The sound and vision of this movie was impeccable! It was like live film in many points and the sound thundered at my theater ( I go to one that has the DLP projection) and on my home system.

On the other hand....

It did seem to drag out a bit, and out of the Pixar films, for story, was one of the slowest. The Incredibles remains my favorite with Toy Story 1&2 very close behind.

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
I liked Cars well enough, but I'm still waiting for something to really strike a nerve the way The Incredibles did.

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
This was the first Pixar movie that almost put me to sleep! My parents had come over for a week-long visit, and my mom's a big fan of animated movies, so we rented this one. Boring, boring, boring! My mom actually fell asleep at a couple points, and I was fighting it most of the way.

Top marks for sound and picture, though.

cheers,
supervij

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What does Disney have to do with it? Their movies are Pixar not Disney. Their stories, their animation and the only thing Disney provides is money....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis