New receiver suggestions.

ATLAudio

ATLAudio

Senior Audioholic
It might just be me, but the Denons 3000 series and below look ooglay without the flip down door. It's like no design thought went into it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I rarely even glance at my avrs unless I'm trying to read the panel display momentarily, but the rest of it as long as it's black doesn't matter, door or no. Altho if I were to look at an avr the port hole design of Marantz turns me off completely.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I rarely even glance at my avrs unless I'm trying to read the panel display momentarily, but the rest of it as long as it's black doesn't matter, door or no. Altho if I were to look at an avr the port hole design of Marantz turns me off completely.
Yeah I was not a fan of that silly design at all. I like to glance down and see which channels are active and what format is being decoded without having to bring up an info screen which is just intrusive to whatever you're watching.

ATLAudio

ATLAudio

Senior Audioholic
I like a plate of black look myself. I set the screen saver on my x4000 so that I see nothing. The port hole on the Marantz is their thing. I like it somewhat but could see how it wouldn't win with some.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes I know, I wasn't trying to do any actual real calibration with it just wanted to see how the program worked
You could get results with that mic I think with appropriate settings, but the usefulness of those results without a correction profile for the mic would be kinda useless.

D

dhark

Junior Audioholic
Well just pulled the trigger on the 4200 at AFL! I appreciate the help guys. Hopefully it will last me a while! I'm sure illl be around with more questions, thanks again!

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Well just pulled the trigger on the 4200 at AFL! I appreciate the help guys. Hopefully it will last me a while! I'm sure illl be around with more questions, thanks again!
I have a Denon X4200w on my short list, also looking at A4L as the vendor.
Give us a review of the buying process and the results you see with the AVR.
I am interested in how it turns out for you. I am looking at a very similar purchase

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General

Absolutely agree, that porthole design is horrible, IMO..

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
They initially had planned to make a mini speaker ported enclosure but changed their mind.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Nope just by ear and I honestly didn't tweak it that much outside of the setting YPAO chose. Mostly adjusted the center channel to bring in a bit more warmth.

Also you should try the "Natural" PEQ setting. That might warm the sound up a bit for you as well.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I
My Yammy RX-A2060 has been treating me quite well. She runs warm but not unusually warm for an amp simply doing its job. Brute force power and a nice sound at that.

One to add to the plus side for Yamaha, or particularly YPAO vs. Audyssey. Audyssey does not allow any custom EQ tweaking after it's run unless (if I recall) you start from scratch and manually configure everything yourself. But then you're losing any advantages built into XT32 and SubEQ. Least with YPAO you can copy over the calibrated settings and dial it to taste from there. That's what I did and it makes a huge difference.
I have the Denon AVR X1200W and can curve copy Audyssey's settings then highlight different frequencies and tweak from there. I haven't really messed with it, but the option is available.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis