New receiver, new problems

Garrynotart

Garrynotart

Audiophyte
Fairly new to all this but have a basic knowledge.
So go easy and don't get to technical.

I have looked through many forums and seen differing opinions on various aspects of my current issue.
You folk seem fairly switched on so I thought I'd ask my question here.

My pioneer 7.1 amp just ate it so a nice man has supplied me with:
Yamaha RX-V675

My room set up is:
Open style kitchen, tv/second lounge/dining.
It is a large room.

I had my previous receiver running the 7.1 channels inside and it had a "b" room function allowing me to run the same audio out to my BBQ area.

My new amp has a "zone 2 function" that does not seem to allow for the same audio to run in zones 1 and 2.
I have noticed the next model up is the one with the party room set up and it has the pre outs I want..
Also when running the second zone it drops out power to my rear speakers, this is not ideal.
They are in the kitchen and serve to drown out my wife!

So my question.... And please look past advising me to upgrade to a better amp.... If you saw the look on my wife's face when I suggested that...,
It's a gift you see... Kinda stuck with it.

With no pre outs (except the two for the subs)
How / what's the best way to run a small 2 channel amp to my outdoor bbq area?
There are several (obviously) outputs at the back but from what I've seen in forums and from what I tried yesterday... Not that straight forward.

I'm happy to buy some gadget that makes the rca outputs able to run through said smaller amp.
There seem to be many out there for cars. Not so much for home use.

Can I use the HDMI out from the receiver as this is not completely necessary to have plugged in.
Will I need to convert this HDMI down to analog?

Any other devious ways??

I'm not overly concerned with the whole surround sound experience in this area of the house. Mainly just want music through all speakers all the time.
Media room is for the movies etc.

Cheers guys and girls.

Garry

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
An option for an additional amp would be something like this Dayton amp.

There are many other options, I just picked the first one I saw. You can peruse PE amplifier section all you want!

Your receiver should (I have no experience with it) output zone 1 L & R through the AV output. You may have to change the output from HDMI...

Most 7.1 receivers do not power zone 2 without 'taking power' from another pair of speakers, almost always the back pair. Some don't even have the option to power zone 2.

Garrynotart

Garrynotart

Audiophyte
Cheers.
I'll play around with the zone 2 out ave the av and look into the denim amp.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
You'll have to add an RCA cable from the source you want to play in zone 2.
Only analog signals can be sent to Zone 2.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis