New Projector Arrives Tomorrow... Maybe

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Well, in the waiting for the big brown truck category, since we moved over the Summer I have been without a projector setup. Not quite sure how I moderate the forums at Projector Central when I don't even make claim to owning a projector at this time, but I am happy to say that it is all about to change.

So, with that aforementioned move - I'm really strapped for cash, so I got kind of excited when I heard about the new BenQ W1070 projector for just $1,100. What a great price for a full 1080p model with good brightness. You see, I wanted to go BIG with this screen setup, and as it so happens I had bought a motorized tab-tensioned screen about 5 years ago. How big? 161" diagonal! This screen is a Draper Ultimate Access V series screen. Typical MSRP is about $5,000 or something. B&H sells it for over $3,800, so even though it's taken me half a decade to figure out where to use it, the $400 I paid for it seems like it was the right decision.

So, I've got to go pick up the screen sometime in the next week or so, and until then I will get the projector setup in some manner in my (as of right now) unfinished basement. I'm thinking I'm going to make a security box around the projector out of metal or vented plywood or soemthing. My kids play downstairs and I don't want the projector hit with a errant soccer ball over the cold months.

It may take me a couple of years to finish up the basement (or more), but until then, I will be kicking back in a recliner or two downstairs and listening to my Paradigm or Def Tech speakers with an 18" sub and a 161" screen setup.

I will report back on my love/hate of the projector shortly!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Congrats on the soon-to-be-there new toy! 161". :eek: My goodness. I'm still thinking about maybe (maybe) moving up to a 60". :)

Are you waiting for UPS? I didn't think that they delivered on Saturdays.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
White truck instead of the brown truck. FedEx from Visual Apex. It's about the fifth or sixth projector I've ordered from them and they've always been amzing. Just ordered normal service on Wednesday. They said the projector was out of stock, but it ended up shipping yesterday and still shows as arriving tomorrow. Might have to get it set up before the Superbowl.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
White truck instead of the brown truck. FedEx from Visual Apex. It's about the fifth or sixth projector I've ordered from them and they've always been amzing. Just ordered normal service on Wednesday. They said the projector was out of stock, but it ended up shipping yesterday and still shows as arriving tomorrow. Might have to get it set up before the Superbowl.

Congrats on the new projector. I was really hoping to order a Vapex screen, but the whole not shipping until April thing kinda killed that idea.

Anywho, I'm sure you'll love the PJ on that huge screen :D

Definitely setup before the Superbowl.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Showed up at 10:00AM! That was really fast. Gonna be tought not to open it up and start playing with it right away. Unfortunately, I've got a lot of work to get done around the house first, and I need to get some equipment relocated into my rack before I can actually play with it at all. May not be until tonight, but excited that it is here already. Easily the cheapest projector I've ever bought, so I'm interested in seeing how it performs to the older models I had.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Sheesh I wish deliveries showed that fast to me :D

Congrats!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis