New Pioneer receivers (and displays)

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja

Attachments

M

Mobius

Junior Audioholic
Great pricing. Strange they skipped the 60s for product number line & jumped into the 70s. I'm curious if the 74TXVi is an upgrade to the 54TX or the 56TXi? I'm wondering if we will see a 76TXVi & 79TXVi in early 2006. Currently they have 5 receivers in their lineup this would drop them down to 3 if they add only the new flagship in early 2006. What's surprising to me the most though is they will once again upgrade their mid-level line before the flagship, I remember seeing pictures forever ago of a flagship Elite with HDMI connections.

One of the cool things the article says is: "Perhaps most exciting of all at these price points, they also include not only component video switching, but also 2-in, 1-out HDMI switching and conversion of all analog video inputs (composite, S-video, and component video) to HDMI."

As for the new look I can't quite tell yet if I like it better, worse or the same.

S

Sounds Simple

Junior Audioholic
Mobius-

The 74TXVi is the replacement for the 56TXi and the 72TX is the replacement for the 54TX. I am guessing that they skipped over a 60s series as marketing speak for "this is a VERY major upgrade".

I am still curious if they have further advanced MCACC beyong simply adding 3 additional slots for memory. At this price, I rather doubt it. I am also wondering if they will introduce a receiver between the 74TXVi and the flagship.

It is odd that they don't start at the top of the line but then neither is Denon (where they introduced the 3805 ahead of the 5805).

Bob

Last edited:
avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Sounds Simple said:
Mobius-
It is odd that they don't start at the top of the line but then neither is Denon (where they introduced the 3805 ahead of the 5805).
Bob
That's exactly where lies their marketing strategy, IMO.
The 3805 issue is a good example. What they're telling to the market is:
you got an owesome piece of gear at the mid level.
Could you imagine then, what a flagship would be??

They've launched the 3805 - a tremendous success - then they've launched the 5805 and now they're presenting us the 4806.

It seems that Pionner is following the same path though.

Cheers / Avliner.

N

nowonder

Audioholic Intern
Nice! Any idea when these will hit the streets?

S

Sounds Simple

Junior Audioholic
I'm hoping that Audioholics gets a 74TXVi in for review.

Bob

M

mawst95

Audioholic Intern
Wonder what street prices will be like...probably $899 for the 54tx replacement?

A

awesomebase

Audioholic
Terminology

If I'm not mistaken, the reason for the jump for the "5" series numbers to the "7" series numbers has to do with going from 5.1 channel support to 7.1 channel support. I believe both the 54 and 56 models support only 5.1 channels...

R

rumble

Audioholic
awesomebase said:
If I'm not mistaken, the reason for the jump for the "5" series numbers to the "7" series numbers has to do with going from 5.1 channel support to 7.1 channel support. I believe both the 54 and 56 models support only 5.1 channels...
Um, no. These both are 7.1 as well as the lower end 52tx.

A

awesomebase

Audioholic
Corrected

Yes, my mistake, I stand corrected! They all do 7-channels! It is too bad that the "5" series does not include HDMI inputs like the "7" series receivers do.

K

krabby5

Enthusiast
awesomebase said:
Yes, my mistake, I stand corrected! They all do 7-channels! It is too bad that the "5" series does not include HDMI inputs like the "7" series receivers do.

I hear that...I eneded up getting a 54tx for UNDER $600 tax included at an Ultimate Electronics...it was originally $999...then discontinued model to $699...open boxed to $629...display modeled down to $549 or so...

i had to jump on it....

plus...in a few years I can feel good about upgrading to another one WITH the HDMI since I only spent $600 now...:D

upgradeitis is bad

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis