New Parasound integrated

S

sharkman

Full Audioholic
That is one nice looking unit! Any idea on a price?

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
E-mailed Richard, Got an out of office reply.
He's at Cedia, I'll be there tomorrow, will report back ASAP.
Cheers, Mac

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Heard back from Richard- great guy to reply so late!

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
It looks awesome but thats a tough price..
you can get a p5 and pair of outlaw 2200's or xpa200 for less... it is pretty though, but probably not as pretty as a pair of mono blocks sitting under it...

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
If prices rise precipitously, won't we see some Chinese branded AVR's to fill the void?

- Rich

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
If prices rise precipitously, won't we see some Chinese branded AVR's to fill the void?

- Rich
Maybe. China is great at mass production, but, as volume falls they're actually sometimes worse by the time you are done shipping it to the states. That's why a lot of small manufactures will say 'MADE IN THE USA' all proud, but, really it was just cheaper in total cost* and that's a nice marketing point heh.

*total cost includes things like the cost of logistics and QC, manufacturing costs, shipping costs, stocking costs, and on and on. Sometimes for a business in 'parts' its cheaper to build in China, but, once they get it to the destination and deal with logistics it ends up being cheaper to just make it domestically.

S

sharkman

Full Audioholic
TLS Guy's predictions coming true sooner than later, hehe:
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/amps-pre-pros-receivers/91875-business-news-today-bain-capital-*-d-m-holdings.html#post1049662

Basic 2.1 receiver = 2,500

There isn't much volume to sell, the market is tiny, so.. prices are getting higher faster.
Wait, it's not a junky receiver, do you know what an integrated amp is? Any experience with the Parasound Halo gear? My A21 and P7 run about 4800 for the pair. If this integrated was available when I was shopping I would have definitely considered it. The price is in line with the rest of the Halo line, it's definitely not a "higher faster" price increase as you suppose.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Looks like a p5 with an amp section, I have to stick to my p5 with a separate amp thoughts, much better value...

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
It looks awesome but thats a tough price..
you can get a p5 and pair of outlaw 2200's or xpa200 for less... it is pretty though, but probably not as pretty as a pair of mono blocks sitting under it...
Yeah, but we all know that there is MSRP and then street price. Give it a couple of years and AA will have demos in the $2,000 range.

Anybody notice that it has a S/W control on the front? Me likey. I wonder if it has sub adjustment on the remote too.

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Wait, it's not a junky receiver, do you know what an integrated amp is? Any experience with the Parasound Halo gear? My A21 and P7 run about 4800 for the pair. If this integrated was available when I was shopping I would have definitely considered it. The price is in line with the rest of the Halo line, it's definitely not a "higher faster" price increase as you suppose.
I didn't mean to imply it was junk, I like Parasound and DO have experience with them.

They are also more toward where TLS was talking about the market going. Parasound is already there. The benefit is higher quality, but the lower volume means we pay more.

I'm not even going to argue its not a good value - I think it's about where decent stuff should be expected to be priced.

(plus, balanced or GTFO ;) )

S

sharkman

Full Audioholic
I didn't mean to imply it was junk, I like Parasound and DO have experience with them.

They are also more toward where TLS was talking about the market going. Parasound is already there. The benefit is higher quality, but the lower volume means we pay more.

I'm not even going to argue its not a good value - I think it's about where decent stuff should be expected to be priced.

(plus, balanced or GTFO ;) )
I looked for TLS's post, but it must be in another thread. Maybe I've been out of touch, but what you're describing WRT the market place has always been thus, or so I think. Other brands, like Mcintosh, Bryston, Mark Levinson, etc, are considerably more, but it's nothing new. I have no info, however, on sales or revenue data, some think that the high end market is shrinking.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, if you look at the historical approach in the Halo line, my $ says that it won't be "fully balanced" design.
I bet you are right, but for most people fully balanced likely won't help audibly so why pay for it?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I bet you are right, but for most people fully balanced likely won't help audibly so why pay for it?
Yeah, I concur. It's just one of my pet-peaves. It just seems a little sneaky to put XLR and not make it fully balanced, more like it's a marketing decision rather than an engineering decision.

As long as you know the situation, then I'm OK with it.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, I concur. It's just one of my pet-peaves. It just seems a little sneaky to put XLR and not make it fully balanced, more like it's a marketing decision rather than an engineering decision.

I actually prefer the not fully balanced type at the lower price range products because I do not trust the lower priced products are done right. For example, in the fully balanced circuits, there will be twice as many power transistors and they need to be perfectly (well, almost) matched otherwise it can make things worse.

I understand your point about the "sneaky" thing.

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief

I assumed the unit would be balanced.

For me, balanced has less of it having to do with 'sound quality' as it has to do with gain staging when other equipment is balanced.

Putting XLRs on the back is snake oil. Good eyes!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis