New Panasonic BD players detailed

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The player that is not detailed is apparently the one that supports 3D.

Panasonic today introduced its new Blu-ray Disc player lineup, with models DMP-BD45, DMP-BD65, DMP-BD85, and the first Panasonic player with support of 3D Blu-ray: the DMP-BDT350. As with most players announced today, Netflix support is now included. Availability is expected for spring 2010, but no pricing information has been divulged at this time.

Key model features are as follows:

DMP-BD45

* PHL Reference Chroma Processor Plus
* SD memory card port
* AVCHD playback

DMP-BD65
Like the DMP-BD45, with the additional features:

* VIERA CAST: Amazon Video on Demand, YouTube, Google's Picasa Web Album, Bloomberg, Weather Channel, Netflix, Pandora, Twitter and Fox Sports.
* VIERA Link
* Wireless LAN capability (wireless LAN adaptor DY-WL10 sold separately)
* High definition audio decoder (Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio Essential)
* USB slot
* JPG viewing
* MP3 playback
* 96kHz surround re-master

DMP-BD85
Like the DMP-BD65, with the additional features:

* Wireless LAN adaptor
* HDMI Jitter Purifier
* Digital Tube Sound Simulator to produce the warm, realistic sounds associated with a tube amplifier
* Gold plated terminals
* 192kHz-24 bit D/A converter
* DivX support
* 7.1 analog audio outputs

There are no product details for the DMP-BDT350 at this time.
Sharp, Sony and Samsung also showed their new model lineups; all include a 3D model. Sony has iPhone/iTouch app that allows you to control your player with them.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I sure hope this foreshadows a FW update to the BD60 that will allow Netflix.

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
You beat me to it. Presumably a firmware update is all that's necessary, no hardware limitations, so I'm going to feel shafted if an update isn't around the bend.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
According to CNet. com, the 3D player from Panasonic has dual HDMI output.
HDMI 1.4 for the 3D outout
HDMI 1.3 for output to older televisions

I had planned on buying an Oppo BDp-83 soon, but now I may have to rethink that. On the other hand...I haven't been all that impressed with 3D in the theater so far. Saw UP in 3D and wasn't that impressed. Do I buy into technology and hope it becomes widely available??? I'm remembering HD-DVD...Beta (for those of us old enough to remember)...etc

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I hope more players add on .mkv support for NTFS formated drives.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
hopefully these will bring down the price of the bd-80 :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
From CNET:
(Update: It appears that owners of existing VieraCast-enabled products will not be getting these additional services. A Panasonic rep indicated that the upgraded offerings will only be available in these new 2010 models. We're awaiting official confirmation from Panasonic, but we don't expect to hear more for at least a month or two.).
I sure hope that's incorrect, or that Panasonic execs change their minds.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
..Saw UP in 3D and wasn't that impressed. Do I buy into technology and hope it becomes widely available??? I'm remembering HD-DVD...Beta (for those of us old enough to remember)...etc
Avatar's 3d disappointed me and found a link on 3d. Discovered there are several formats or companies providing equipment and glasses to theaters with different results:eek:
So, I guess, one needs to know which is better and then where is that offered:eek: REalD 3d and DolbyD 3d supposed to be the better of them, including IMAX.
So, this is not a straightforward as it should be and perhaps the same may apply in the home front?

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
From CNET:

If they really don't support their older players with a netflix upgrade it will be a huge slap in the face of those that supported their products. I see a lot of customer loyalty going ot the window.

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
The cost to them seems trivial, unless they think they're going to get people to suddenly upgrade to the new models.

Ummm...think again.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
I love my netflix streams.................Samsung BD2550. I took a chance on the Sammy and it paid off........For $260 out the door it rocks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis