S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
You don't really need to use CL2 for that, unless you have a very aggressive building inspector. For a 5 ft run, who cares, I would just use regular speaker wire.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
If the price difference between CL2 and not-CL2 is negligible, I'd go ahead and run CL2. Aside from cost, there's no reason not to. Even outside the walls it makes a nicer looking patch cable. I use the black-jacketed Nimbus series wire, just because it's pretty. For me, that it's rated for use in-wall, in risers, wherever, is just an unintended bonus.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
If the price difference between CL2 and not-CL2 is negligible, I'd go ahead and run CL2. Aside from cost, there's no reason not to. Even outside the walls it makes a nicer looking patch cable. I use the black-jacketed Nimbus series wire, just because it's pretty. For me, that it's rated for use in-wall, in risers, wherever, is just an unintended bonus.
I tend to agree with you, and avoid giving a weasel insurance company any reason to try to weasel out of their obligations, just in case anything ever did go wrong with your home (like a house fire).

T

tiggere

Enthusiast
I went ahead and ordered the CL2 for the surrounds...they wont be used for quite some time anyhow as I have to have the built-ins quoted and the lead time to do the work...will use the other wire to set up a 3.1 in the other room while I wait...

I bought the nakamichi banana plugs to terminate the speaker wires as there were a lot of positive posts about them...

I assume I need to order a subwoofer cable as well? Is the 15' monoprice one good enough?
(https://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=6306)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis