New Meadowlark American E Center Review

R

Rutlanda

Junior Audioholic
Well I received my Meadowlark center two days ago and I've had a chance to run it through its paces a little. First impression is that this is a very accurate speaker.
The tonality of voices, woodwinds and brass in DPLII is scary real. I've listened to several Mapleshade CDs as well as some of my own compilations and I am very happy with the performance so far. I am running it with my Denon 5803. They seem to be a good match even though it presents a 4 Ohm load. The Denon is only responsible for the center and the surrounds as I have the mains on a vintage Yamaha M65.
It handles movies very well also. I've ran the usuals...LOTR, Gladiator, Nemo...and it has performed flawlessly. It also seems to integrate well with the B&Ws on the front stage. Panning is very smooth with no noticeable change from side, center to side.
Build quality is second to none. The speaker is very heavy and knocking on the cabinet is like knocking on a hunk of granite. The front baffle looks to be milled from very thick MDF. I am not sure of the origin of the drivers, but they appear to be of high quality.
I am sorry if this review is lacking, but I am definitely not a professional. I just know I am happy with the performance of the speaker so far and I wanted to tell you a guys a little about my experience. Here are a few pics as well.

Attachments

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Rutlanda said:
Well I received my Meadowlark center two days ago and I've had a chance to run it through its paces a little. First impression is that this is a very accurate speaker.
The tonality of voices, woodwinds and brass in DPLII is scary real. I've listened to several Mapleshade CDs as well as some of my own compilations and I am very happy with the performance so far. I am running it with my Denon 5803. They seem to be a good match even though it presents a 4 Ohm load. The Denon is only responsible for the center and the surrounds as I have the mains on a vintage Yamaha M65.
It handles movies very well also. I've ran the usuals...LOTR, Gladiator, Nemo...and it has performed flawlessly. It also seems to integrate well with the B&Ws on the front stage. Panning is very smooth with no noticeable change from side, center to side.
Build quality is second to none. The speaker is very heavy and knocking on the cabinet is like knocking on a hunk of granite. The front baffle looks to be milled from very thick MDF. I am not sure of the origin of the drivers, but they appear to be of high quality.
I am sorry if this review is lacking, but I am definitely not a professional. I just know I am happy with the performance of the speaker so far and I wanted to tell you a guys a little about my experience. Here are a few pics as well.
Thanks for sharing. It's always terrific to hear of a member's new found acquisition and/or love. ;) Sounds like you have a keeper there. I'd really like to audition Meadowlarks sometime.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis