New KEF Reference series

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I guess only time will tell. But if the Reference 2 line did not sell well before, I just cannot foresee the new boxy Reference line doing any better.

And the 40Hz F3 for a $18K speaker is risible IMO. :D

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
You'd have a tough time selling these to me. I know ADTG knows I don't really like the look of the older KEF Reference series, but I really, really don't like the look of these.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You'd have a tough time selling these to me. I know ADTG knows I don't really like the look of the older KEF Reference series, but I really, really don't like the look of these.
Okay, so lesser of 2 evils? The 2nd generation Reference (like 201/2 bookshelf) or the 3rd generation Reference (like Reference 1 bookshelf) ?

I don't like the 3rd generation aesthetic or nomenclature. The 3rd generation should have a "3" in the name somewhere. :D

The first generation Reference was 201. Then the second generation Reference was 201/2. The 3rd generation should be 201/3.

I guess some people don't know how to name speakers.

Like KEF 201 --> KEF 201/2 --> KEF Reference 1 ??? :eek:

It should be 201 ---> 201/2 ---> 201/3, etc.

Or B&W 802D ---> B&W 802 Diamond? As if the 1st generation was NOT already a diamond tweeter? :eek:

It should be 802D --> 802D2 ---> 802D3, etc.

I hope Revel gets it right. Like Revel Salon --> Revel Salon2 --> Revel Salon3. :D

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
Okay, so lesser of 2 evils? The 2nd generation Reference (like 201/2 bookshelf) or the 3rd generation Reference (like Reference 1 bookshelf) ?

I don't like the 3rd generation aesthetic or nomenclature. The 3rd generation should have a "3" in the name somewhere. :D

The first generation Reference was 201. Then the second generation Reference was 201/2. The 3rd generation should be 201/3.

I guess some people don't know how to name speakers.

Like KEF 201 --> KEF 201/2 --> KEF Reference 1 ??? :eek:

It should be 201 ---> 201/2 ---> 201/3, etc.

Or B&W 802D ---> B&W 802 Diamond? As if the 1st generation was NOT already a diamond tweeter? :eek:

It should be 802D --> 802D2 ---> 802D3, etc.

I hope Revel gets it right. Like Revel Salon --> Revel Salon2 --> Revel Salon3. :D
i'm not seeing anything online about a new salon3. is this speculation?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis