rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
still a lot of money! in the range of the 80XD series from B&W (sorry, this is the only audiophile brand I know)
Yes, they are expensive but deals can be had if you look hard enough;) I was listening to some two channel music (96Khz/24bit) on the Studios last night and was getting chills they sounded soo good.:cool:

E

EJ1

Audioholic Chief
Can't wait to have a setup like that! Couch looks comfy too.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
still a lot of money! in the range of the 80XD series from B&W (sorry, this is the only audiophile brand I know)
Mike, the Revel Studios are in the same price category as the B&W 802D's. I heard the 802D's before I heard the Revels and loved them. Both are excellent and a preference is (as usual) a matter of taste. Both of these speakers are a bit different looking :rolleyes: but I think they look cool.

One more pic of the LCR.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
so what drivers are behind those grills on the front left and right? you got pics with the grills off? :)

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
so what drivers are behind those grills on the front left and right? you got pics with the grills off? :)
Dual 8"'s (like CC and the 802d's:)). Revel makes it difficult to remove the grilles as you have to remove the side panels first (6 large bolts per side). I may do it in the next week or two and if I do, I'll snap some pics.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
nice! matching LCR's! are these ported? (center and fronts)

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
nice! matching LCR's! are these ported? (center and fronts)
The mains are (rear) ported (front and rear firing tweeters also). The center is sealed.

BTW, how is your theater coming along?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
the one that was flooded will be done by january 21 (and I think I'm just about wrapping up talks to order a pair of PB13 Ultras for this one) though I wanted dual F113's, it just wasn't in the budget.

my ugly HT is still waiting for the pair of A7-450's - Chris of eD promised to ship it this wednesday (even if he had to drive it to CA himself he said)

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
the one that was flooded will be done by january 21 (and I think I'm just about wrapping up talks to order a pair of PB13 Ultras for this one) though I wanted dual F113's, it just wasn't in the budget.

my ugly HT is still waiting for the pair of A7-450's - Chris of eD promised to ship it this wednesday (even if he had to drive it to CA himself he said)
I think you will be very happy with the Ultras. As you know I had a pair here and they were very impressive, just stay away from that Pulse DVD:p.

I am anxious to hear your impressions of the A7-450's. I was considering the sealed 450 myself. If Chris has to drive yours out to California, maybe he can bring one along for me:D.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
good thing I don't watch horror-suspense movies :) I feel like copping out with the dual ultras ... but a single F113 might not be sufficient for me :) I had a brickwall budget for the whole HT project.

A7-450's ... i'll be sure to post my impressions and pics when I do get them (from wednesday one week to get to CA, then one month to get to me in the Philippines) ... I had designed them to be Ultra killers actually ... bigger ports, bigger enclosure, bigger amp ... the only toss up is the driver: 18" vs. high excursion 13.5". though the 18 eD driver is no slouch in excursion itself. for the sealed ones, if you could have an enclosure custom made - you kill two birds with one stone ... no wait time and aesthetics. but you will need EQ if you want below 22hz out of those sealed 18's.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
good thing I don't watch horror-suspense movies :) I feel like copping out with the dual ultras ... but a single F113 might not be sufficient for me :) I had a brickwall budget for the whole HT project.

A7-450's ... i'll be sure to post my impressions and pics when I do get them (from wednesday one week to get to CA, then one month to get to me in the Philippines) ... I had designed them to be Ultra killers actually ... bigger ports, bigger enclosure, bigger amp ... the only toss up is the driver: 18" vs. high excursion 13.5". though the 18 eD driver is no slouch in excursion itself. for the sealed ones, if you could have an enclosure custom made - you kill two birds with one stone ... no wait time and aesthetics. but you will need EQ if you want below 22hz out of those sealed 18's.
You would not be happy with a single Fathom. It is very close to the DD-18 in performance and you already have one of those;).

No DIY for me but if i get the time and energy, I may attempt an IB setup. My room has a great spot for one.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
just remember, IB's are supposed to be near the front ... either on the front wall or from the top or bottom (but still near the front)

I had the chance to IB from the rear, but the guys at the cult said it wasn't a good idea. something about the waves of bass being "directional"

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
just remember, IB's are supposed to be near the front ... either on the front wall or from the top or bottom (but still near the front)
Yes, the front is the spot. Anyone want to buy a nice cherry AV Cabinet?:p;)

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
I love your setup, I'm jealous!

Have you thought about getting a motorized screen? Your can program the macros so when you switch to the projector the screen lowers and lights dim (if you have a digital lighting system).

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
I love your setup, I'm jealous!

Have you thought about getting a motorized screen? Your can program the macros so when you switch to the projector the screen lowers and lights dim (if you have a digital lighting system).
Thanks, I have had lots of fun putting the room together and it's getting to where I'm almost out of projects:eek:.

Funny you should mention the screen, I just (still sweating) installed the mounts for a new motorized/tensioned screen and a new 1080P projector. Should have them both running this weekend. I have to install a couple of 110 outlets in the attic to make it all work but the plan is a 12 volt trigger off the the PJ drives the screen up/down. Nice lazy man feature:p.

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
Thanks, I have had lots of fun putting the room together and it's getting to where I'm almost out of projects:eek:.

Funny you should mention the screen, I just (still sweating) installed the mounts for a new motorized/tensioned screen and a new 1080P projector. Should have them both running this weekend. I have to install a couple of 110 outlets in the attic to make it all work but the plan is a 12 volt trigger off the the PJ drives the screen up/down. Nice lazy man feature:p.
Cool! I like that idea better than using macros on your remote (which can get out of wack sometimes, know what I mean?).

Who's screen did you buy?

Don't worry, you'll never run out of projects... You'll start tweaking things and doing little odds and ends around the room...and next thing you know you'll decide you need to repower and a set of amps will be on the way. ;) Juuuusstttt you wait... hahaha. But don't forget to stop and enjoy what you have in the mean time, sometimes we spend so much time, money and energy upgrading and tweaking that we forget to chill out, grab a brew and listen to some tunes. ;) It's the spaces inbetween that count in life!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis