New Home theatre system questions

D

dbabysh

Audiophyte
well guys just built a new home and i built a theatre room underneath my garage
need some help on a full set up i need all the audio equipment and projector and screen and i need some panels on the walls for sound if anyone knows a good place for those
looking to spend 10-15g in total
what do you guys think????
any recommendations on the complete set up.???

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
You need to add more detail for that kind of project. First, will you ever want to do 4k resolutions? 3D? Dolby Atmos? How big is the room? How big is the screen going to be? I take it light control will be good under a garage? As for acoustic treatments, that also depends on the current conditions. Are the walls bare cement? The more specific you can answer these questions and more, the better answers you can get in return.

D

dbabysh

Audiophyte
i would like projection
60inch projection screen
light control is good and i want acoustic panels
walls are drywalled

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
60 inches for a projection screen? In your budget, you might as well get a really nice television for that. There is no point in such a small screen for a projector. Remember that when we talk about screen size, we are talking diagonal lengths, not vertical lengths.

As for acoustic panels, you can not just buy some and put them up and expect them to help. Room acoustics is a complex subject, and you need to learn a bit about that before you start buying things if you want positive results. I would begin by watching the videos on this page.

Acoustat

Acoustat

Full Audioholic
If I had that price range to work with, I wouldn't settle for any other than electrostatic mains and surrounds
and a pair of quality subwoofers, using a AVR or pre-pro with Audyssey 32 and Bass Eq to set up the speakers.
Does your price range include carpet, window treatments, wall treatments, lighting/wiring and seating, a turn key pkg?
Or just the electronics? Room size? ...I'm jealous :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis