New Floorstanding Speakers

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So after some careful consideration, and with the help of this discussion forum, I've decided to abandon my idea of getting the polk A9s.

I have also decided to wait until about May or June for the actual purchasing of whatever pair of tower speakers I will end up getting, thus raising my budget to about $2000. So far I've been looking at the philharmonic 2 and 3s, but was wondering if anyone out there had any other suggestions or opinions about the phils.

Thanks all.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
The one Phil 2 owner who has posted is thrilled.

Note that your budget will have to be $2K + shipping.

Their web site says any finish you want as long as it's satin black.

I'm anxious for AcuDefTechGuy to tell us what he thinks of the Phil 3, because he has Salon 2s and Orions to compare them to. Lots of speakers sound great in isolation. Murphy says the 2 & 3 differ only in bass capability.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'm getting pretty excited about these speakers, BoredSysAdmin suggested these to me in another thread. The difference in bass is because of the larger cabinet and a different woofer, although I have been in contact with Dennis Murphy and he said you can have the cabinets custom built in a different veneer, but that they will end up the same size as the phil 3s and that this extends the bass a little. At additional cost of course.

I'm curious as to what they have to say about the speakers as well.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Dennis will be working on my Phil3 this weekend.

I'll keep you posted on the Philharmonic thread. I'm going over there now to post some updates.:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis