New denon receivers up on their website

F

FNG212

Audioholic
They may have been there for a bit now, but just letting everyone know that Denon has published their new line of receivers on their website.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
It will come, don't worry just yet.

Man, that was close!:D

It's a good thing for me they don't have a replacement for the AVR-5308CI yet!:D

I can rest for another year.:D
LOL. Just not yet. The only thing closest to that will be the AVR-4810ci coming this september if everything is on schedule. But at only $3,000 MSRP, it still below the 5308ci.

But be ready next year to have your *** wipe out by the possible AVR-5810ci with Dolby Pro Logic IIz, Audyssey DSX with front side and height channels.
And of course with 9 internal power amplifier channels. Sometime during the course of the year 2010. After all Denon is celebrating his 100th year anniversary this year (or is it next year?).

So, what's the big deal now about Denon link version 4? I don't think that they can also implement Audyssey DSX, without these new required connectors for the newer channels.

Is there a receiver yet that is future proof? How long they had been singing that song now. Future proof means loss of revenues. ;)

Bob

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
LOL. Just not yet. The only thing closest to that will be the AVR-4810ci coming this september if everything is on schedule. But at only $3,000 MSRP, it still below the 5308ci.

But be ready next year to have your *** wipe out by the possible AVR-5810ci with Dolby Pro Logic IIz, Audyssey DSX with front side and height channels.
And of course with 9 internal power amplifier channels. Sometime during the course of the year 2010. After all Denon is celebrating his 100th year anniversary this year (or is it next year?).

So, what's the big deal now about Denon link version 4? I don't think that they can also implement Audyssey DSX, without these new required connectors for the newer channels.

Is there a receiver yet that is future proof? How long they had been singing that song now. Future proof means loss of revenues. ;)

Bob
Yeah, I don't know. I'm still waiting for Bryston to come out with a 20-yr warranty pre-pro to go along with their 20-yr warranty amps.:D:D

Am I dreaming?:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Is there a receiver yet that is future proof?
The only thing that is future proof in this digital age is the analog amp.:D

But you know what?

The old ancient DTS & DD 5.1 still sound just as good to me as any DTS-HD & D TrueHD 7.1. :D

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Man, that was close!:D

It's a good thing for me they don't have a replacement for the AVR-5308CI yet!:D

I can rest for another year.:D
Unlike that stretch were the flagship was replaced almost every year for three years.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Unlike that stretch were the flagship was replaced almost every year for three years.
Those greedy bastards!:D

When will Denon come out with a 200-watts per ch receiver like Sunfire?:D

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Is it your system or your ears that is (are) out of tune?

But you know what?
The old ancient DTS & DD 5.1 still sound just as good to me as any DTS-HD & D TrueHD 7.1. :D
Well now, I will not go that far. Everything is much cleaner and clearer now, with a much better bass definition. Everything is more resolute, from all channels.
Just to give you a couple examples; listen to the soundtrack with the drums, from the DVD and Blu-ray version of the movie "Apocalypto". ;)
And also compares the DVD and Blu-Ray version of "300", "Hellboy", "Crank" and "Pan's Labyrinth", just to name a few.
For me, it is obvious the nice improvement in sound resolution. :)

LOTR

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
The new Smart Receiver.

When will Denon come out with a 200-watts per ch receiver like Sunfire?:D
The POA-A1HDCI with the AVP-A1HDCI is "it". ;)
They just cut it in the middle, so it can fit in your rack. :D

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
It's not that bad after all.

haha oh god the price would be quite....high :D
Well, they are at a discount for sure. So you are not looking at MSRP here.
I'm not exactly sure of their price if you purchased both of them together, but my calculated guess will be about $9,999 total, maybe even a bit less.

So, all things considered, I figure that it is an excellent value. And I will not hesitate to purchase that combo myself. I actually came very close to buy the AVP-A1HDCI.
And I don't discard them both for future consideration, when the price will further drops. They are still high on my list. I am waiting to see what the new stuff will bring to the table, in particular Audyssey DSX. :) I'll find out more with the soon to be released Denon AVR-4810ci. And I'll also get a sooner taste with the AVR-4310ci.

Bob

bigred7078

bigred7078

Full Audioholic
And I don't discard them both for future consideration, when the price will further drops. They are still high on my list. I am waiting to see what the new stuff will bring to the table, in particular Audyssey DSX. :) I'll find out more with the soon to be released Denon AVR-4810ci. And I'll also get a sooner taste with the AVR-4310ci.

Bob
The Denon 4810 looks to be quite a beast:cool: Details are not finalized, but from all the plans my Denon Rep has showed me it just looks awesome.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
True technology = Freedom and Peace.

The Denon 4810 looks to be quite a beast:cool: Details are not finalized, but from all the plans my Denon Rep has showed me it just looks awesome.
Yep, Steve, that's the one I keep an eye open for. With 9 channels of amplification, including Audyssey DSX, it should be quite a sensation.

Isn't amazing that there is always some better stuff coming every year or two?

Will be nice if they can come up with a receiver where you can add some additional DSP chips to keep update with all the newer technology. Not just upgade the ones already inside, but add some newer ones too.
But then, the manufacturers will loose a big source of their revenues!

So, in the end, technology has something very related to business income flow.

The true positive and valuable technology is the one that is entirely FREE.

It's the same thing about wars; without wars there will be no arm's dealings, no arm's revenues, no killings, no more revenges, no more dictatures, no more fears, and one of the very best solution towards a World Peace resolution. :) And with Peace comes Freedom. And with Freedom comes Happyness. :)

Bob

bigred7078

bigred7078

Full Audioholic
Yep, Steve, that's the one I keep an eye open for. With 9 channels of amplification, including Audyssey DSX, it should be quite a sensation.

Isn't amazing that there is always some better stuff coming every year or two?

Will be nice if they can come up with a receiver where you can add some additional DSP chips to keep update with all the newer technology. Not just upgade the ones already inside, but add some newer ones too.
But then, the manufacturers will loose a big source of their revenues!

So, in the end, technology has something very related to business income flow.

The true positive and valuable technology is the one that is entirely FREE.

It's the same thing about wars; without wars there will be no arm's dealings, no arm's revenues, no killings, no more revenges, no more dictatures, no more fears, and one of the very best solution towards a World Peace resolution. :) And with Peace comes Freedom. And with Freedom comes Happyness. :)

Bob
A few manufacturers actually do offer upgrade options. Anthem is a great example of this. They also don't lose much profit either because they dont end up using as much materials in the end.

But anyway the 4810 looks more and more beautiful everyday lol. I'm glad Denon is including HDMI spec 1.4a with this one too :cool: thats a nice future proofing

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
A few manufacturers actually do offer upgrade options. Anthem is a great example of this. They also don't lose much profit either because they dont end up using as much materials in the end.

But anyway the 4810 looks more and more beautiful everyday lol. I'm glad Denon is including HDMI spec 1.4a with this one too :cool: thats a nice future proofing
I don't think that HDMI version 1.4a is a great deal at all. Perhaps in 5 years from now...
Here: http://www.hometheatermag.com/news/052909hdmi1point4/
And Denon link 4 also will eventually evaporate, as all good things do.

As for Anthem, the main reason that I did not purchased the denon AVP-A1HDCI is because Anthem turn the tide in it's favor. Denon is still on top of my list, but just below Anthem Statement D2v/ARC1. :)
Right now I'm saving my precious dollars towards the Anthem Statement top of the line and state-of-the-art Audio Surround and Video Processor (Gennum VXP) with ARC1 Automatic Room EQ. :)

September is supposedly the release's month of the Denon AVR-4810ci. :)

Last edited:
bigred7078

bigred7078

Full Audioholic
I don't think that HDMI version 1.4a is a great deal at all. Perhaps in 5 years from now...
Here: http://www.hometheatermag.com/news/052909hdmi1point4/
And Denon link 4 also will eventually evaporate, as all good things do.

As for Anthem, the main reason that I did not purchased the denon AVP-A1HDCI is because Anthem turn the tide in it's favor. Denon is still on top of my list, but just below Anthem Statement D2v/ARC1. :)
Right now I'm saving my precious dollars towards the Anthem Statement top of the line and state-of-the-art Audio Surround and Video Processor (Gennum VXP) with ARC1 Automatic Room EQ. :)

September is supposedly the release's month of the Denon AVR-4810ci. :)

well 1.4 will definately have its advantages for Alot of people. But in the end it will just make everyone want to update and jsut create more confusion...

I have a Anthem D2v sitting in the showroom, its a pretty beast :)

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Some small info on Denon 2009 newer receivers.

The lower end receivers, 590, 790 http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/4918.asp don't say they have amp pre-outs, am I reading this wrong?
No, you're not. They don't have preouts.

Preouts with Denon only start on the AVR-990 or AVR-3310ci and higher up for the 2009 models.
And on the 2008 models, preouts start on the AVR-989 or AVR-2809ci and higher up in the line.

That is one aspect of Denon that is missing in their lower models, compared to other brands, such as Marantz for example.

And did you knew that in order to use Dolby Pro Logic IIz, you'll have to use the speaker outputs dedicated normally for the rear surround channels, by reassigning them to the two front height speakers?
So, with Dolby Pro Logic IIz, you'll end up with five front channels and two side surround channels. This is at least happening with the new 890, 790 and 590, as there are no preouts at all on these lower models.

* But then, with the higher end model, the AVR-4310ci, you'll have Denon Link 4th with HDMI Clock Control... Of course, only if you own or purchase a Denon Universal DVD player with the appropriate Denon Link! It's a nice feature, but very limited and restricted as for the players having that Link. I own a Denon AVR-3805 (released in 2004) with Denon Link 3rd, and I never been able to use that feature! So, why did I pay for it then? Absolutely nothing!
In my book, it is one of a useless feature for a vast majority of people. And with HDMI now, it is even more useless. But for some people, it is a useable feature. I'm just not too sure of the improvement in audio quality over a Coaxial digital input (for Dolby Digital EX 6.1 matrix or DTS-ES 7.1 discrete), or a digital HDMI input (for Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD MA).
And also, the vast majority of DVD-Audio multichannel recordings are copyrighted and cannot be play through that connection (Denon Link).
So, what is it really good for then? SACD multichannel? SACD is already a dead format, even more so with blu-ray concert music video with high resolution audio and video.
And SACD can be played through HDMI anyway. And it is converted into PCM by several players too.
Give me an extra HDMI input or output over Denon Link any day of the week.
And give me a blu-ray player that can output the DSD bitstream as is, pure and unaltered, without downconverting it to PCM, from it's HDMI output.
Yep, audio is a funny business indeed.

Bob

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis