New Computer, Old Speakers.

A

apizuorno54

Enthusiast
Hi, Im new in this forum.
I have too many years in the audio industry.
I have two new computers, one a Vaio PC and other a Macbook Black.
I have too many old speakers and amps and things like these.
I want to know if i can install one of these things (above) or these speakers, amps, eqs... to my computers or USB connection or whatever you think that i can approach these things.
2 JBL Speakers XLP 140.
1 Crossover Furman 2 Way X-312.
1 two channels eq DOD 830 Series II.
1 Samson studio amplifier Servo 240.
2 Harman Kardon sSignature Series PA 2200.
Panamax Max 1000+ surge protector / line conditioner.
1 Sony STR D 2070.
1 SONY Compact Disc Player CDP 550.

Tell me what can i do with these. This was part of my father hahaha and now we are moving to another house and i want to use this to pump up my room.
He is buying some Bose things so he is not interested in this.
Please Help ME!.

jinjuku

jinjuku

If you want to keep it simple pick up an 1/8th inch stereo to RCA cable from Radio Shack. Then from the analog out on your computer->Sony STR D2070->JBL 140's.

That would be your 'simplest' approach. The receiver I do believe is early 90's? and you will only be doing stereo w/ it. Sorry no surround sound for you.

The Samson and HK are power amplifiers. Sounds like your dad may have been using the receiver as a 'pre' amp only and going out to the EQ and then Power Amps.

A more complex setup may be: Computer->Sony acting as a pre-amp out to -> EQ-> HK Power Amp-> Speakers.

The rest? Garage sale...

A

apizuorno54

Enthusiast
Mm..

that sounds good
yes im going to hook me up that..
men i have my own surround system this is only for my comp..
i dot care about surround system because i am always using Harman Kardon Sound Sticks and that sound amazing with the Volume Logic on my vaio.
Im pretty sure that with that equipment this is going to listen better.
Men thanksfor the help.

A

apizuorno54

Enthusiast
You can check it out my comp here Apple -> Store -> Macbook
But how do i get surround? whit audio card? any external and cheap? that i can buy and i can use it easy and sure that is going to function?

jinjuku

jinjuku

You can check it out my comp here Apple -> Store -> Macbook
But how do i get surround? whit audio card? any external and cheap? that i can buy and i can use it easy and sure that is going to function?
Your computer(s) may support SRS which would be a 'Simulated' sound mode. You are talking about both computers, please realize that you may have to look at two different solutions.

Personally I don't like emulation being performed on my audio. I think I would stick with a straight through computer to receiver (pre-amp out) to EQ to HK amp. Hope this helps and good luck.

A

apizuorno54

Enthusiast
Men!

Men sorry the inconvenece...
But my father told me that where im going to live theres interference because theres beside an antenna of a TV channel. What can i do to fix this? My father told me that the thing with less power sounds better but wwith more power sounds bads because of interference?
Can i fix this with a gadget or a system? something like these?.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Interference

Cover all of the windows with tin foil! :eek:

Just Kidding :)

It is very unlikely that interference will effect your speakers or amplifier. The frequencies that the TV station is using are not in the audible range.

To reduce the liklehood of picking up interference from the TV station or any other source use a quality RCA cables and other interconnects made with shielded coax. They don't have to be expensive, I got mine from monoprice.

To thank your parents, prevent them from buying the bose system!

A

apizuorno54

Enthusiast
Well

Sorry..
you saying that prevent my parents of buying the Bose Lifestyle?
Because of interference?. One of the guys that works in the store said to my father that theres no problem if he doesnt buy any wireless thing. Because my fathers qwas going to buy all wireless all the things you know the speakers for the yard and all the accesories.
So? another surround gadget that you reccomend to me? So i can tell to my father and he have a lot of options. He wants something like the LIfestyle because it can do every thing and with the accs he can put all the house pumpin up with one system.

A

apizuorno54

Enthusiast
Men i forgot this. Can somebody tell me what can i do with these to put more power for my system or add some other things to the system that jinjuku told me up:
2 JBL PRO III
2 BOSE ACOUSTIMASS CUBE SYSTEM
My father have something but i dont know what is this or what make what model. Its like a cube but veryy big and its like black in the top and brown on the sides. I use it to sit. So its very big. I touch this down and i can feel that this is a bass or something like these but its too heavy to see these down. it looks like a cube. But very big.
BOSE AM5 ACOUSTIMASS SPEAKER SYSTEM I think that these is for the little cube speakers acoustimass.
SOMeBODY HELP MEEE!!!

jinjuku

jinjuku

Are you trying to hook up all these speakers at once to a computer? Why?

A

apizuorno54

Enthusiast
No

Men im just telling to you all the equips that i have. So you can tell me the best what i can do with these things.
So can you help me with the interference problem? what can i do?
And why doest that senior told that preventing my parents on buying Bose Lifestyle?

A

apizuorno54

Enthusiast
Somebody=?

Men im just telling to you all the equips that i have. So you can tell me the best what i can do with these things.
And why doest that senior told that preventing my parents on buying Bose Lifestyle?

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Wireless Equipment

Search the speaker forum for more info on Bose.
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38446&highlight=BOSE

If cordless phones and wireless routers work OK without interference then the wireless speakers (which uses the same 2.4 or 5.4 GHz frequency bands) will also work fine. The reason we have the FCC is to make sure that TV (UHF/VHF) and radio (AM/FM) don't interfere with other equipment.

A

apizuorno54

Enthusiast
So?

A

apizuorno54

Enthusiast

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis