New Audioholics Forum Debug Thread

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Does the search function even work? I've searched for a few different things and have not gotten results for anything, even threads I know exist.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Is there a way to view who has posted in a thread like there used to be? Thanks.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord

It would be nice to have the recent posts, new posts, and a way to get back to the main forum page on every page. Right now there's no way to get back to these pages from the personal details page, conversation page, and the alerts page other than to click on the main forum tab. It's a small thing, but it now takes two or more clicks to get back to certain areas, where it used to only take one.

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator

It would be nice to have the recent posts, new posts, and a way to get back to the main forum page on every page. Right now there's no way to get back to these pages from the personal details page, conversation page, and the alerts page other than to click on the main forum tab. It's a small thing, but it now takes two or more clicks to get back to certain areas, where it used to only take one.
Done :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Can we bring back the multi-quote button, please?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
When using Safari on OS-X the Audioholics home page does not have a link to the forums. I've tried refreshing everything I know how to refresh, but nothing works. The only way I've found to get to the forums from Safari is to go to a product review, access a forum thread, and then the forums work fine. No problems when using Chrome or IE on Windows 7 or 8.

defmoot

defmoot

Audioholic
Whenever I go to a new page on forumsDOTaudioholicsDOTcom a document with the name "videoseries" automatically downloads to my desktop computer. Every time. This happens in Mac OSX running Safari 6.2. When I open the document in TextEdit it's a bunch of unintelligible code.

Wassup?

Same thing happens on my Kindle.

Thanks.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Whenever I go to a new page on forumsDOTaudioholicsDOTcom a document with the name "videoseries" automatically downloads to my desktop computer. Every time. This happens in Mac OSX running Safari 6.2. When I open the document in TextEdit it's a bunch of unintelligible code.

Wassup?

Same thing happens on my Kindle.

Thanks.
you have malware or a virus on your PC. Use RKill to stop all processes then MBAM to clean up the Malware your computer followed by AVAST or AVG to get any viruses.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
I can vouch for getting this "videoseries" issue recently too. It downloads only on Audioholics, is an ~5kb file (and each time you load a page, three download rapidly), and this happens on any browser on Android. It doesn't actually do anything, so I think it's an issue related to the youtube videos on the AH It works fine on windows though.

defmoot

defmoot

Audioholic
The "videoseries" doc that keeps downloading is an .swf file. Perhaps a Flash vector animation graphic for Audioholics? (http ://www.youtube.com/v/videoseries?list=UUF9cWy6zaWsgdAy-kv2q4VQ without the spaces after the "http.") I don't run Flash on my Mac, and it's not natively supported on Kindle. Maybe it downloads because there's no software to support it?

Agree with GranteedEV that it only happens on the AH site. Not likely a virus or malware. A quick 'net search turned up nothing.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
thanks Guys. We can't reproduce it here but are working on it. It seems to be an issue with how our youtube code updates on the forum. It's not harmful however.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I don't know if this has been answered already but is there a way to get a link for threads you've started?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I don't know if this has been answered already but is there a way to get a link for threads you've started?
There is one, but maybe you mean a quicker one.

If you go to your Profile page, and then got to the "Information" tab, you'll see a link for "Find all threads started by [your screen name]".

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I like the new design except for three things.

1. There is no longer any distinction between sticky threads and normal threads. Sticky threads used to be bold and obviously separated.

2. There is no indication that I have read a particular thread. Links used to change color after clicking on them. That no longer happens.

3. New threads used to be distinguished by being bold. Now they all look the same.

I am using Safari on OS X Yosemite.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator

1. There is no longer any distinction between sticky threads and normal threads. Sticky threads used to be bold and obviously separated.

2. There is no indication that I have read a particular thread. Links used to change color after clicking on them. That no longer happens.

3. New threads used to be distinguished by being bold. Now they all look the same.

Great feedback. Working on improvements per your suggestions.

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator

1. Sticky threads have been highlighted better, that was something i missed and should have been apart of initial release.

2. Read and unread threads should be highlighted in bold, please see screen shot attached.......can you confirm the same ?

3. See above.

audio.jpg

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I do see the changes you mentioned and they look good to me. I am now seeing read/unread threads as well. I don't know why that wouldn't have been working but it is now.

Thanks for listening!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry if I missed it earlier, but is there a way to delete posts anymore? If not, can that be added as an option? In addition to folks just changing their minds about posting something, the forum sometimes double posts. For example, I thought that I had hit "Post Reply" in a thread this morning, but the page didn't update for several seconds and let me hit the button again...and then it posted my reply twice.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
There should be a grayed out area below your post you want to delete. Look for the "delete" box.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis