Networked 2 channel integrated Amplifier: Suggestions?

M

mnm3

Audiophyte
Hi All,

Quick disclaimer: I'm new to the forum and somewhat new to the A/V game, so please excuse me if I use some incorrect jargon, etc.

Here is the situation: I have a pair of Egglestonworks Isabels (the older ones, circa early 2000s) that were gifted to me from a family member and I'm looking to set them up in my living room and am looking for a higher quality 2-channel integrated amplifier that offers features such as built in bluetooth or wifi, DAC, etc. that will do the speakers justice. With my limited experience with the speakers, I understand that they are capable of some very good sound quality when paired with a decent power source.

I have an older Denon RCD-N7 that has similar features, but doesn't put out much power, like 65w/channel.

I understand this is doable with separates, but I am limited on space for components, hence the reason why I'm looking for an integrated solution.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with such a amp? Recommendations?

Thanks and really appreciate the help.

M

mnm3

Audiophyte
Speakers are 87dbm, so sounds like they need quite a bit of power...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I use 86-87 dB sensitive speakers with an avr and they're fine...at least the avr has bass management whereas most of the 2 ch stuff doesn't Trying for SQ via electronics is generally a loser's game IME. I'd get a full featured avr over a feature-poor integrated 2ch amp any day. If your speakers present a particular low ohm load with high spl demands then maybe an avr may not be ideal, tho. Most 2ch stuff lack seriously in DAC and bass mangement, I wouldn't bother whatsoever.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I have an older Denon RCD-N7 that has similar features, but doesn't put out much power, like 65w/channel.
Have you tried the speakers with your current Denon? If they sound good, then it's all good.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If you do just want to upgrade to something else, I would recommend getting another Denon AVR, depending on your budget. $400? $500? $600?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis