Netflix Looks to Add Content

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
After Netflix started streaming movies online and later to the Roku box, the outcry was "more content." Now, according to a recent survey of users, Netflix is exploring new options of bringing contemporary content. The tip off was the statement,"Imagine Netflix gave you a way to instantly watch HBO original series and movies streamed from the Internet to your computer or TV." That's right - HBO. The downside? An extra $10 a month charge.

Discuss "Netflix Looks to Add Content" here. Read the article.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I would love it if Netflix streamed everything. Cable TV in my area is way overpriced. 10 bucks is cheaper than cable.

Netflix = greatest idea ever conceived.

annunaki

annunaki

The quality has to improve for me to become an adoptor. Specifically the audio. Picture quality is lacking for me also. A DVD provides better performance in both aspects at this point.

D

dronezero

Audioholic
More content is never bad, but $10 is a little steep just for HBO shows. I could see paying an extra $2-3.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I would rather Net Flix take that $10 extra a month and simply contract out for more streaming content regardless of vendor.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
The quality has to improve for me to become an adoptor. Specifically the audio. Picture quality is lacking for me also. A DVD provides better performance in both aspects at this point.
I have to agree. I like the idea and when I'm getting 4 SD bars or 2 HD bars I'm generally satisfied (if underwhelmed) by the picture. Sound is an issue though. I think Netflix has a good start but I'm not convinced they won't be overrun by some hot upstart with some sort of proprietary compression solution that makes streaming a viable alternative to the cable/satellite providers. Still, we needed something like this to spur competition. Before Netflix it seemed that no one really wanted to touch "mainstream" streaming. With Netflix proving not only that it can be done but also that people want it and are excited about it, we're going to see more venture capitalist dollars heading that direction. At least, I hope so.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
i wish they had more blu-ray titles.

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
I have to agree that $10 seems a bit steep - I can add HBO to my satellite sub for around that amount and get 8 HBO channels - of course not with the convenience of "on-demand" but the quality would be better - so I would be willing to wait. There's not much on HBO that's "must see TV" for me anyways.The only premium movie channel with a program I can't miss is Dexter on Showtime.

frankf

frankf

Junior Audioholic
Netflix Audio

I enjoyed the Netflix streaming on my friends Home Theater 106" diagonal screen. He has the Samsung Blu-Ray player that alows him to get connected to Netflix.
I have been considering the RoKu to bit stream Netflix since I have the Sony 550. My holding back from purchasing the RoKu is certainly not the price...$100.00... but the audio streaming from Netflix which is only in stereo.

Netflix has no idea when they will have 5.1 streaming for any of there content.
Content....definitely an issue but for me when I am in my Home Theater I want the whole experience.

jcilforever

jcilforever

Audioholic

Netflix is still making video improvements from 720 to 1080P and now have a new home page for the mysterious "content partner". Maybe they will work on audio next?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis