Netflix Filming the Crown in Rochester Kent. (My home town)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Netflix are filming episodes of the next series of the Crown in my home town of Rochester Kent. They have redone Rochester High Street to make it look like Windsor. The locals are all asking "why they did not film in Windsor as it already looks like Windsor." Honestly I have no idea. Filming started today.

Rochester High Street after repainting.

Start of filming "Prince Charles" in foreground.

Outside Rochester Cathedral. If it is supposed to look like St. Georges Chapel at Windsor Castle, I can tell you that it looks nothing like it.

Rochester Cathedral is one of the oldest Cathedrals in the UK. I think Brecon Cathedral in Wales is the only one older.

The above photo shows the famous West Door of Rochester Cathedral, and it is considered the finest example of a West Door, prior to the Gothic perpendicular style.

At the Reformation, the Bishop of Rochester, St. John Fisher was the only English Bishop who opposed Henry VIII break from Rome and was executed with St. Thomas Moore, Henry VIII's Chancellor.

Kolumbiann

Kolumbiann

Audiophyte
That's so cool that Netflix is filming the next series of The Crown in your hometown, Rochester Kent! It must be super exciting to see your local streets transformed into Windsor. I mean, why not just film in Windsor itself, right? But hey, it definitely adds a unique touch to the show! By the way, did you know Rochester Cathedral is one of the oldest in the UK? It's got quite a fascinating history. Thanks for sharing the photo and the interesting tidbits! By the way, if you're into cinematography, you might want to check out this awesome cinematography course at the Prague Film Institute (https://www.praguefilminstitute.cz/1-year-cinematography-course/). I heard it's mind-blowing. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
That's so cool that Netflix is filming the next series of The Crown in your hometown, Rochester Kent! It must be super exciting to see your local streets transformed into Windsor. I mean, why not just film in Windsor itself, right? But hey, it definitely adds a unique touch to the show! By the way, did you know Rochester Cathedral is one of the oldest in the UK? It's got quite a fascinating history. Thanks for sharing the photo and the interesting tidbits!
I know Rochester's history well and that area of Medway. That is an area where great and significant events took place over 2000 years.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
London, Ontario's airport was recently transformed into Charlotte Douglas International Airport, NC. It all comes down to money.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis