Netflix adding another Blu-Ray surchage

E

EJ1

Audioholic Chief
NVM, looks like they stopped charging me the extra $1 for 2 months and now they're bringing it back. Weird! Must just be my account.

Matt34

Matt34

What plan are you using and what is your current monthly charge? I'm looking at getting back into one of the mail-order rental plans.

E

EJ1

Audioholic Chief
I have 3-at-a-time with BD access and they charged me $17.99 + tax (which is correct). Then for the next 2 months, I was charged $16.99 + tax, but still received BDs. Now they are putting me back at $17.99 + tax. I guess they goofed with my account.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
No surcharge with Blockbuster, plus you can do instore exchanges for blu ray at no extra charge as well.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Just got this as well. I'm on the El-Cheapo plan so the extra buck is like raising my bill by 25%:eek::mad:

I think overall this is bogus. If you are trying to get a new format to gain popularity this will not help.

E

EJ1

Audioholic Chief
So now I'm a little confused since everyone has received an email. When I signed up, there was already a $1 surcharge in place. So is this an additional surchage or did they remove the first one for a while and now they're bringing it back?

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
I have had netflix for over a year now and my bill for 3 movies is $15.99 plus tax. Now with the new $1 surcharge it's going up to $16.99 so I think they screwed up your bill EJ1.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Just got this as well. I'm on the El-Cheapo plan so the extra buck is like raising my bill by 25%:eek::mad:

I think overall this is bogus. If you are trying to get a new format to gain popularity this will not help.
It is the equipment makers and studios that care about a new format gaining popularity. The rental companies don't care. For them it is just more sku's to manage.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
IMO, if paying an extra dollar to weed out the "competition" and make the BD titles more accessible, it's a small price to pay.
Easy for me to say, I know, as I don't have BD in my profile. But I'd have paid an extra buck for the same reason for HD-DVDs.

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

We knew it was coming, and I must say I am glad it was only $1. So my opinion is Big Deal! If you shop around you will find netflix is one of the best things going in the movie rental industry.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis