A

allengarman

Audioholic Intern
Just saw the new Neil Young movie directed by Jonathan Demme. Jonathan Demme also did the Talking Heads movie.

The film had excellent sound quality and a great selection of songs, however the whole presentation was a bit slow. The cameras exclusively focused on the performers and never panned the audience. There was no story line to give perspective on the songs. One of my friends fell asleep during the film and I noticed another person in the movie theater sleeping. The theater crowd was a bit old, so perhaps I should forgive them for nodding off.

The costumes of the performers were taken straight from thrift shops. Normally I enjoy watching the female performers from an aesthetics perspective, however, the women were grandmotherly and wore unflattering clothing. None of the performers showed much emotion or energy on stage.

The music was moving at times. It is probably worth a rental if you love the music. Keeps me searching for a heart of gold…..

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
As a Neil Young fan from the beginning, I've gotta agree that he's gotten a little haggard looking the last few years. I still love his music, though, and still think he's the most honest, un-pretentious guy in show biz.

R

RMK!

Geno said:
As a Neil Young fan from the beginning, I've gotta agree that he's gotten a little haggard looking the last few years. I still love his music, though, and still think he's the most honest, un-pretentious guy in show biz.
I agree Geno,
Just rented and watched Heart of Gold last night. Music was great (DTS 5.1) and as bad as Neil looked, I could not take my eyes off of Emylou Harris. She has to be one of the most beatutiful and talented 50 something women in the world (youngsters please ignore this comment).

His solo guitar work on "The Old Laughing Lady" through the end credits is why this guy will always be a favorite of mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BostonMark

Audioholic
Heart of Gold review

I'm a big Neil Young fan, and an audiophile. I wrote a review on the new DVD
on epinions:

Neil Young - Heart of Gold

as well as several other concert reviews. I put a lot of focus on the audio / video quality as well as the performance of the artist or band. Let me know what you think! (my name on the epinions site is shopaholic_man)

Last edited by a moderator:
aspaceintime

aspaceintime

Audioholic
ditto

My son gave me this DVD for fathers day and I watched it about 10 times already. Have numerous works by him. Sure, he's looking old, but he's been through a lot lately. Several of his songs hit home personally, losing a parent(s), a daughter off to college, (in my case a son), and life in general. I also agree with one of the previous posts regarding Emmy-Lou, she a babe for us older dudes!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis