need tv recommendation for 11x11 room

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
1080p, dont need bells and whistles. i use firestick to stream movies and youtube etc.
i have plenty of dvds and blu ray.

costco has a 55 and 60 samsung both under $600. not jumping into 4k yet, if i did id spend much more because the more inexpensive 4k tvs have cheap pannels, so i have read.

any recommendations?

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
I'm a big fan of Sony TVs these days. Best buy has an open box TV that looks interesting.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
1) Stay away from LG
2) Bigger = better
3) 1080p probably makes more sense just yet. 4k is too new, very little use for now, HDR is where big difference is.
4) Vizio is another brand worth looking
5) No matter which TV you pick, don't connect it to network other than getting an update. Stick to your firetv

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I just got a Sony 55" x700d and love it. For a cheap TV it's great. You really can't go wrong with a Vizio, but be aware that their warranty support won't be what one of the top tier brands offer. However, you can't go wrong with how good the PQ is with Vizio.

As for low end brands using cheap panels, well yes and no. Normally they use b-stock or older panels, but that is completely brand dependent. Vizio is trying to be a top tier brand so they use high quality parts.

As far as going 1080p vs 4k I can agree that there isn't much of a point. I wanted to play around with HDR more than anything and it's pretty sweet. I will say that depending on where you look 4k and 1080p tvs can be very close in price.

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
well after reading some more ive decided to spend a couple hundred more and go for a 4k.
i have a large bluray and dvd collection and thought upscaling to 4k, they would not look good. but supposedly they will look as good as 1080p on a 4k set.

looking at these two sets from costco

https://www.costco.com/Samsung-55"-Class-(54.6"-Diag.)-Curved-4K-Ultra-HD-LED-LCD-TV.product.100350536.html

https://www.costco.com/Samsung-55"-Class-(54.6"-Diag.)-4K-Ultra-HD-LED-LCD-TV.product.100350540.html

is the samsumg MU series a good brand or cheap panels?
also not sure if curved tv is a gimmick

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis