Need to decide between yamaha 481 ,581 and denon 520BT and x1300W

S

sand87

Audioholic
Hi all,
This would be my first AV purchse.When i asked the local retail stores this is the amount is got for the below
1.Yamaha Rx v-481- Rs43k
2.Yamaha Rx v-581- Rs50k
3.DENON 520BT - Rs39k
4.DENON X1300W - Rs50k

I want to decide 2 things:-
1.Is 581 worth it for the 7.1ch for another 7000rs over the 481?
2.Is the yamaha 481 or the 581 better than its counterpart Denon 520 and 1300?

Btw yamaha and Denon:-
1.Which is the most reliable in terms of longevity
2.Which is the better in terms of overall sound(Music+movies)

COuld you help me out here?I have been googling all around but fail to get a definitive answer

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hard to recommend an avr without knowing more about your speakers or needs or room details. You may or may not find 7.1 channels useful; if you have a very small room only then probably not worth it though, you need a bit of space for proper placement. Pick an avr generally by the features and connectivity you want and need (or may need down the line). Yamaha apparently has the reliability nod for now. Sound quality depends on how you use it, you may find the dsp in one preferable to the other but in pure direct mode they'd be equivalent.

Amp power doesn't matter a lot either btw, only a few dB difference among most avrs; if you have low impedance speakers such as 4 ohm speakers, you may want to make sure the avr is rated to drive them.

S

sand87

Audioholic
Hard to recommend an avr without knowing more about your speakers or needs or room details. You may or may not find 7.1 channels useful; if you have a very small room only then probably not worth it though, you need a bit of space for proper placement. Pick an avr generally by the features and connectivity you want and need (or may need down the line). Yamaha apparently has the reliability nod for now. Sound quality depends on how you use it, you may find the dsp in one preferable to the other but in pure direct mode they'd be equivalent.

Amp power doesn't matter a lot either btw, only a few dB difference among most avrs; if you have low impedance speakers such as 4 ohm speakers, you may want to make sure the avr is rated to drive them.
Well speakers are the next thing i am going to decide but first i wanted to arrive at a decision vis-a-vis the AVR.
My room is 15(l)*12(w) ft.I wanted to use the AVR here.I am hamstrung on budget and intend hence to build the HT piece by piece.Maybe the Avr and a few speakers first like that.But since the Avr is one of the main pieces i waned to buy one that is reliable and has got better features.

So considering these what would you suggest?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
In a room that small I wouldn't expect more than 5ch would work very well, but many avrs are 7ch anyways and it doesn't usually cost much more and gives you options should you move or something. I like Audyssey so personally would lean towards the Denon1300x. Try this thread, has a lot of information in the first several posts particularly about details on the Denons.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
As far reliability, it looks like Yamaha has been a bit better over the last 5-7 years. I saw problems with a few Denon around 2012/2013, but nothing since then. Most brands had HDMI board problems, Yamaha didn't. Most brands had vTuner problems, Yamaha didn't. I think Audyssey does more and the Denon AVRs are a bit more flexible when it comes to setup, but I haven't done this with many Yamaha since I only recently added that brand to what I sell. I'll know better once I work with more of them.

S

sand87

Audioholic
Thanks for the replies.So its down to Yamaha reliability vs Denon Audessey.
What i dont understamd is how wrong i can go with Denon.I am more looking towards a very reliable receiver coz i wont be able to spend much for repairs that frequently,and thats why i am still stuck deciding among the two

S

sand87

Audioholic
i have on more question.I have decided to go with Yamaha RX V-581.
Due to low budge i have chosen two speakers

1.Taga 506 harmony(http://www.amazon.in/Taga-Harmony-TAV-506-v-2-Speaker/dp/B00H3KC29M/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1487489115&sr=1-2)

2.Yamaha Ns-P40(http://www.amazon.in/Yamaha-Speaker-Package-Ns-P40-Black/dp/B00CEREO9U/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1487489079&sr=1-1&keywords=yamaha+nsp40)
Could anybody please tell me which is the better option assuming that i will go for a seperate subwoofer soon

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis