Need some Kodi Help

Y

Ytsejam01

Audiophyte
Hi everyone,

Let me start by saying im not super technical with this stuff but i will do my best to describe the problem.

I have kodi installed on an amazon firestick (android 4.2.2 API lvl 17) is the build i think. It is plugged directly into the back of my receiver (pioneer vsx1130-k) with 7.1 channel surround speakers.

The settings I have tried to alter are passthrough enabled, DTS, (tried changing the channels to 7.1), and output config = best match.

What i dont understand is whenever i try to stream movies, even though i have surround set to auto, all i get is stereo PCM format. How do i get these movies to stream in 7.1?

Do i need a different build of Kodi? The movies i am streaming are in HD, but for some reason the audio is not. FYI I am using Phoenix/rockcrusher to view the movies.

When I watch through my satellite service, the receiver automatically selects the 7.1, but not with the firestick.

What am I missing??

THanks in advance

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I have had a lot of success with Velocity as it relates to quality in both audio/visual, but my go to is also phoenix as well. I am still using version 15.2 and the latest version is 16.xx I believe as I have a copy on my fire TV.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis