Need some help setting up new Onkyo 605?

J

jmy350z

Enthusiast
I got my new Onkyo 605 this afternoon. I hooked up all my speakers,that went fine. Now I hooked up my PS3 to hdmi input #1, HD Direct TV receiver to hdmi input #2, then ran a hdmi cable from the output and to my Sony 60" SXRD. I did the rest of the set up,no sound and no picture. I think I may have assigned the hdmi ports wrong,just rushing around to set this thing up. Is there a way that I can clear the settings and start from scratch. What should my settings be if I am connecting everything with hdmi? Thanks for the help. Its late now,I'll try again when I get home from work tomorrow.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
You can reset ALL of the settings (not just HDMI assignments) back to factory defaults by following the procedure outlined in the manual but there is no reason to do that. Just re-do the HDMI assignments.

- Make sure the HDMI Monitor setting under Mointor Out is set to Yes.
- You have to tell the receiver which input selector goes with which HDMI input, so:
If you want to select the Game/TV input to view the PS3, set it to IN1 and if you want to select Cbl/Sat to view the DirectTV, set it to IN2.

You of course also have to make sure that both the PS3 and DirectTV receiver are set to output over HDMI.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis