Need new temporary surround receiver

B

BMW

Junior Audioholic
My 15 year old Onkyo has no sound in DVR mode or TV, 2 separate inputs and the fm input is cutting in and out as did the others before they disappeared. I have been buying my future equipment, while I get ready to re do my den. I need a decent relatively inexpensive 5.1 surround receiver. Brick and mortor store would be great. Any suggestions? Thanks
BMW

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi, BMW. What's your budget, which speakers are you using (to know impedance requirements), and what sorts of inputs/outputs do you want?

I'm a fan of Pioneer gear myself, but it all depends on what features you want/need.

B

BMW

Junior Audioholic
I have PMC OB1 speakers> Really don't need any HDMI switching as I have already purchased my Halo Amps and will probably getan Anthem Statement as soon as my den is done. Maybe the consideration is to be able to use it somewhere else in the future. I am still looking to figure out why the DVR with an optical feed is not working as the coax feed from the oppo worked last night. What a pain.

B

BMW

Junior Audioholic
Actually not using any amps yet until the new den. Just trying to get by. Going to try to see of there is a bad optical cable or DVR prob today.

B

BMW

Junior Audioholic
So after checking and switching everything, it has to be the receiver. My speakers are 6ohm. What's out there maybe $500 and below? Thanks Bmw

B

BMW

Junior Audioholic
Suggestions?

Looking on line I saw the Denon 1913, Onkyo Nr 616 and the Pioneer VSX 1122k all recommended. Have not looked up Marantz yet or Yamaha. Any thoughts? Hoping to gain some insight and order one soon.

B

BMW

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for all of the help and input. Somebody came up with a solution for now, Y coax digital splitter as my newer DVR has a coax output. Problem solved. Thanks again!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis