Need Input on In-Ceiling Speakers

M

mig1980

Enthusiast
Good day everyone. I know what people will say about in ceiling speakers but for aesthetics and space, I have to do it.

I am looking for front and sorround in ceiling speakers, cabinet style center channel, and hopefully a good in wall subwoofer.

I am looking to spend around $1,500 total for all speakers. Let me know what will be the best choice for my budget. Looking to buy something in the next few days.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Good day everyone. I know what people will say about in ceiling speakers but for aesthetics and space, I have to do it.

I am looking for front and sorround in ceiling speakers, cabinet style center channel, and hopefully a good in wall subwoofer.

I am looking to spend around $1,500 total for all speakers. Let me know what will be the best choice for my budget.
What about in wall for the front LCR and in ceiling for the surrounds? 5 total speakers or 7?

M

mig1980

Enthusiast
I wish I could do in wall for the fronts. Not enough space for them. Looking for 5.1 setup.

M

mig1980

Enthusiast
Which of the above options would work best? The space only has two walls and is open to the kitchen. Which are recommended? The space has a ceiling height of 9'...wish it were taller but oh well. The living space is about 17' x 14'.

Also, what about a center channel and subwoofer?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Which of the above options would work best? The space only has two walls and is open to the kitchen. Which are recommended? The space has a ceiling height of 9'...wish it were taller but oh well. The living space is about 17' x 14'.

Also, what about a center channel and subwoofer?
Since you aren't going with an in wall or in ceiling speaker for the center, any center speaker made by the same brand as the in ceiling speakers you buy would be fine. As for subwoofers, you can look at BIC, premier acoustic, and Cadence subwoofers. If the budget allows, you can step up to SVS, HSU, and Rythmik.

M

mig1980

Enthusiast
Good evening. So I went into Best Buy today and heard the B&W CCM664 (4 of them) with the cmc as the center. It sounded great in the room. I wanted a bit larger of a speaker so I was looking at the CCM683 but they are out of my price range.

What would you guys recommend that would sound as good?

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
On tight budget, Emotiva makes inexpensive inwall/inceiling speakers. That said, I like the Monitor Audio Radius inwall/inceiling speakers as they aren't too expensive and are sealed.

M

mig1980

Enthusiast
Just an FYI...my budget is now only accounting for the two front, two rear, and center channel for around $1,500. I have decided to reuse my sub.

M

mig1980

Enthusiast
Anyone else have input. I want to make a decision today or tomorrow on this. Thank you I would appreciate specific models of speakers that would work well.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Nothing for nothing, but I think you've gotten plenty of good advice.

M

mig1980

Enthusiast
As stated in post 13, I have decided to reuse my subwoofer and focus the $1,500 budget only on the center, fronts, and surrounds. Most all information I have been given has been to specific brands but not models that would work well with each other. I realize that even certain speakers in the same brand have different sound variations. I would also be looking for a in-ceiling that has tilt.

Would like more specific input.

M

misterVL

Audioholic Intern
Check out the Paradigm in wall/ ceiling speakers.

It might be a bit out of your budget but it will be worth it: ~2k
Paradigm L/R AMS-350
Center: CS-LCR
Ceiling: AMS-150

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis