Need help with surround speaker stands

D

Dazed_and_confused

Audioholic Intern
THX recommends surround speakers be 2 feet or higher above ear level. When sitting comfortably on my couch, ear level is around 40 inches. Sanus NF36 stands are 36 inches tall. I have the Pioneer BS22's for my surrounds. The tweeter is about 10 inches from the bottom of the speaker. Putting these speakers on the Sanus stands would put the tweeter at about 46 inches. Is 6 inches above ear level okay? Any other stands that are taller? These speakers have no mounting hardware and are rear ported, so I don't think wall mounting would be good.

D

Dazed_and_confused

Audioholic Intern
THX recommends surround speakers be 2 feet or higher above ear level. When sitting comfortably on my couch, ear level is around 40 inches. Sanus NF36 stands are 36 inches tall. I have the Pioneer BS22's for my surrounds. The tweeter is about 10 inches from the bottom of the speaker. Putting these speakers on the Sanus stands would put the tweeter at about 46 inches. Is 6 inches above ear level okay? Any other stands that are taller? These speakers have no mounting hardware and are rear ported, so I don't think wall mounting would be good.
Is it okay to have the surrounds below ear level? Where, in relation to seated ear height, do others have their surround speakers?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My tweeters are about ear level, but they are below it. May not be perfect, but it sounds fine to me. Does your receiver have an auto calibration system in it? If so, it can help adjust for that.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis