Need help with receiver to TV setup for my Paradigm speakers and Pioneer VSX-70 receiver

M

misterVL

Audioholic Intern
Hi,

I finally got a chance to setup my Paradigm speakers that I purchased last month. But when I tried to test the sound of the speakers to the TV, I get nothing.

I connected my receiver (HDMI out) through the ARC HDMI on my Samsung TV. I also connected the optical cable of the receiver to the TV.

When I choose TV on my receiver, there is no sound. How do I properly setup the receiver to work with the TV?

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi. For ARC, you need to make sure that Pioneer is set up to use that capability. That's talked about on page 59 of the owner's manual.

For the optical connection, make sure that you're using a source selection already set to the connection that you're using, or that you've assigned the right source to that connection. For that, check out page 37 of the owner's manual.

M

misterVL

Audioholic Intern
Hi. For ARC, you need to make sure that Pioneer is set up to use that capability. That's talked about on page 59 of the owner's manual.

For the optical connection, make sure that you're using a source selection already set to the connection that you're using, or that you've assigned the right source to that connection. For that, check out page 37 of the owner's manual.
Thanks for your help.

How come I dont have any instruction manual? The instruction manual I received with mine is a 4 page English instruction manual and the other 4 page is Spanish. And it only goes in brief description about the installation of the wiring scheme. It was inside a bag along with the battery and other warning paper. No booklet though for sure.

Edit: Never thought of googling the instruction manual. Pioneer must be super cheap to make their customers look for the instruction manual online instead of printing a full instruction manual.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi - sorry, sometimes I link to the manual, and sometimes I don't. If I knew you didn't have a copy, I would have provided that direct link for you.

There's a number of companies that don't provide hard copy manuals anymore. Some send them on CD (maybe that's "greener," I don't know), and some just have a slip of paper saying where you can get it online. For items like receivers these days, most people need those manuals to find out (a) what all features exist and (b) how to use them. So, I agree, I'd like to see a return to hard copy manuals for now.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis