Need Help with In-Wall Speaker Placement/ Subwoofer to match NR626

A

Ana

Audiophyte
Hey everyone! I just got (what I think is) a great deal on a set of in wall speakers and am trying to figure out the best placement for them. The speakers I got are Klipsch Front Left and Right Channels are R-2650-W II, Center Channel is an R-5502 -W II , Rear channels are R-2650-C II and CDT 2650-C. I also have an Onkyo NR-626 receiver. The problem is that my TV is mounted in the corner of the room above the fireplace and the room opens up to my kitchen/dining room (I am attaching a floor plan for reference). Additionally, the ceiling is vaulted. Is there any good way to mount the speakers? (I am willing to buy 2 more speakers if a 7.1/7.2 system is viable in this layout). Also, what subwoofer should I buy? I mainly play video games and watch movies but I would also like to be able to listen to music. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Welcome to the Forum, Ana!

The fact is that corner arrangements don’t allow for suitable speaker locations for surround sound, as explained here. In-wall speakers aggravate the situation further because they can’t be angled towards the listening position.

Your best bet would be to relocate the TV to the wall to the left of the TV. Then you could have in-wall speakers facing the listening position, and could possible mount the rear speakers in the ceiling. However I expect you won't be willing to do that...
Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

SurvivalDad

SurvivalDad

Audioholic Intern
I learn so much here. Good link reference btw. I am in the same boat.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis