Need help with in-ceiling speaker purchase!

S

sdupree

Audiophyte
I'm single mom who just moved from big house to little house. I brought all my home theater components with me and need advice on which speakers to buy for the ceiling. I am clueless about all of this, but would like to have really nice quality in the small media room (15x12). I would also like to buy quality speakers for my living room (30x18), master (14x14) and master bath but not sure if these would be the same kind of speakers?? Any suggestions on what I need would be greatly appreciated.

The components I currently have are:

Denon AV Surround Receiver (AVR-1905/785)
Klipsch Subwoofer - RW 10 120V
Kilpsch Front Speaker - RC 35, impedance 8OHMS, max. input power 125W

Denon Multi Room Reciever- DRA-685

Thank you,

Staci

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
Staci, welcome to the forums. You'll find alot of information and a ton of helpful people here. I'm sure with a little more info we'll be able to help you.

I'm curious as to why you are looking at in-ceiling speakers versus wall mounted for your media room. I checked online and the Klipsch RC35 is listed as a Center Channel speaker. Are you using these are fronts as well?

I'm assuming for your media room will primarily be used for home theater, movie watching, gaming, correct? What kind of display are you running in there? are you going with a projector or flat screen display?

Your living room speakers will probably be using a different set of speakers depending on your intended uses, same for master bedroom and bath.

Some of the questions I ask folks before an install, what are you intending to use the room for? How many people will be using it with you? What is your budget? Are you going to be adding/ changing the room structurally? etc.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis