Need help selecting a receiver/integrated amplifier

F

ferris11

Audiophyte
Was hoping someone could help me out. I am looking at a receiver for my living room - 2 channel with the option of putting a sub on later.
I still need to pick up some speakers, but I'm focusing on the source, first. It's only going to be set up for music - either CD, or Slacker/Pandora, possibly a phonograph in the future (I knew I kept that vinyl around for some reason)

I'm considering either a Marantz SR4023 or a Yamaha R-S700 for receivers or going the integrated amp route with a marantz 5004, yamaha a-s500, or NAD c316BEE

as wondering if any of you had any experience with either to help sway me to one or the other or if you have any other suggestions out there.

Thanks!

Jon

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
NAD 316BEE lacks pre-outs and is modestly powered. I think the Marantz and Yamahas are respectable. Check out Harmon Kardon as well; good power and features for the $.

F

ferris11

Audiophyte
NAD 316BEE lacks pre-outs and is modestly powered. I think the Marantz and Yamahas are respectable. Check out Harmon Kardon as well; good power and features for the $.
Thanks.
I'm leaning towards marantz just from people's comments about the sound and build quality.

Of the Marantz sr4023 and 5004, which one would you suggest?

Thanks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis