Need help on not wasting my money on Sony Stereo Receiver!

J

Jacey

Audiophyte
So I ordered best buy online a Sony STRD550 5.2 Channel 4k AV Receiver to replace my junkie RCA receiver. I already have speakers for it but my subwoofer won't work on it since its a speaker wire subwoofer. Is there a converter I could buy? Or best suggestion? Or suggestions on a good subwoofer or receiver thats cheap, don't really care about quality.

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
It sounds like you're using speakers from a home theater in a box. I do not recommend this.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It sounds like you're using speakers from a home theater in a box. I do not recommend this.
While they may not be the best speakers, they should function fine except for the passive sub. Of course most of us move beyond HTIBs :)

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
The good thing about sound systems is that one can buy one thing at a time. There is probably nothing wrong with the Sony receiver. You need a subwoofer that has an amp built in, which happens to be most of them. The Parts Express subwoofers are the best value out there. If that does not appeal to you, get one from Best Buy. You can use the other speakers that you already have until you desire something better. Peace and goodwill.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis