Need help identifying vintage audio receiver

A

ariche503

Enthusiast
I don't know what category to put this under or where to even start but I need help trying to identify the make and model of this vintage audio receiver. It's from the 1970s. That's about all I have to go on other than the picture below and I realize it's not the greatest pic. This was the receiver we had in our living room growing up so I'd like to track down the same exact model as the one we had. Any help at all is appreciated even if that means sending me in another direction. This genuinely is a sincere request and I truly appreciate your time.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Judging from the toggle switches with the squared-off ends it looks like a 1979-1981 vintage Technics, probably a lower-line model than the one shown here. Your best bet is to search ebay auctions until you see one that meets your description.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
There are quite a lot similar looking receivers but it is really hard to tell exact maker or model out of that picture, unless some 1 happen to have owned one of same receiver. I would say its from somewhere 70-80's. I would try googling manufacturers from that era and try to find pictures of their receivers and try to find match from there if you want to find out exact model of that receiver.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
There has to be a brand name on there somewhere.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
When I saw that picture, the first thing that sprang into my mind was Technics, too.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
They said:
MCS stereo receiver model 3248. Manufactured for JC Penny. Manufactured from 1981 to 1984. Believe to be manufactured by Technics. Rated at 45 watts per channel. Features, two tape in/outputs, one phono input, one aux input, high and low filters on/off, FM mute on/off, loudness on/off, modes stereo/mono, tape dubbing and monitor controls, both separate bass, treble and balance controls, function control for - AM - FM - phono - aux. Also has both left, right power led meters, led signal strength and FM tuning. Neat stereo receiver.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis