Need help guys...Wireless?

tech_freak

tech_freak

Junior Audioholic
In the old house I ran the wires to the surrounds in the basement an up through the floor.Unfortunately,the new house only has a crawl space,and the wife really doesn't want me drilling holes in the new hard wood floor.So I need some suggestions on what to do.
Just get rid of the rear surrounds and use my 3.1 up front?
Get a wireless receiver/transmitter to run the rears? A friend uses the old Rocket Fish setup and it was awful. Constantly popping,losing connection,etc.
I have seen Amphony and Audioengine may have something that may work. Heck,I even saw something by Soundcast.
So as you can see,I need to find a solution.If anybody has any info,please let me know.Model numbers of suggestions would be nice.Thanks.

hidefguy

hidefguy

Enthusiast
Wireless sucks unless you spend some major bucks on the best wireless technology, and even then it still doesn't compare. Can you drill the holes in the hardwood and somehow find a clever way to cover them up to increase the WFA ;)

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Are there walls near your surround speaker position? If so cut a wall box sized hole near each speaker, pick up a flexible 54" drill bit from HD, and drill through the sole plate into the crawl space and snake your wires to the amp wall using the same method. Terminate with low voltage boxes and mono price wall plates . Bit costs around 40.00 and is in the electrical dept.
Cheers, Mac

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis