Need help choosing a reciever.

S

Spk282

Audiophyte
Im in the market for a decent A/V reciever around $500 not looking to drop a ton of money but still want pretty good sound. Any reccomendations? I was looking at the Onkyo TX-SR605, one of the big reasons is that this reciever has an actual Sirius Sat. connection unlike any other recievers I have seen. I know I can get a stand alone Sirius Sat. Reciever and just use RCA's but I really like being able to control that through the reciever itself, I can do without it though. I am piecing this stereo all together, already have Polk R300's for the rears and Polk Audio Monitor 50's for the front's, thinking about getting the Polk CS1 center channel and not sure for a powered sub at the moment. What can I say I'm a fan of polk's. Any help on what to choose for a reciever would be very much appreciated. Thanks.:)

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Im in the market for a decent A/V reciever around $500 not looking to drop a ton of money but still want pretty good sound. Any reccomendations? I was looking at the Onkyo TX-SR605, one of the big reasons is that this reciever has an actual Sirius Sat. connection unlike any other recievers I have seen. I know I can get a stand alone Sirius Sat. Reciever and just use RCA's but I really like being able to control that through the reciever itself, I can do without it though. I am piecing this stereo all together, already have Polk R300's for the rears and Polk Audio Monitor 50's for the front's, thinking about getting the Polk CS1 center channel and not sure for a powered sub at the moment. What can I say I'm a fan of polk's. Any help on what to choose for a reciever would be very much appreciated. Thanks.:)
It also supports the new HDMI 1.3a spec and HD lossless audio formats. Looks like a great deal and the price is hard to argue with. JR audio seems to be taking orders with a good discount.

Good luck and let us know how it all turns out.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis