need good alternative to HSU VTF-2 MK3

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
jlyttle said:
So, if the general consensus among people more knowledgeable than myself is that the HSU is my best option for $600 or less, and my first choice to boot, then I will have to suck it up. But it will be hard.

Just for informational purposes, the rest of my setup consists of:

Panasonic TH-50PX60U 50" Plasma HDTV
DV-970HD DVD player
Onkyo TX-SR604/s receiver
Axiom m3Ti fronts
Axion VP150 center
Polk RC60i rear surrounds (in-wall)
(hopefully soon) Hsu VTF-2 MK3

In all, the total budget and cost including cables for this setup was $4000. Not the best system in the world but definitely great for me, and great I think for the price tag.

BTW, should I go for the VTF-3 MK 2? Is it that much better for $90 more?
They're the exact same I believe.

SheepStar

Matt34

Matt34

Sheep said:
They're the exact same I believe.

SheepStar
the VTF3.2 has 350watt amp as opposed to the VTF2.3 250w. Your still going to have to wait for the maple even with the VTF3.2. The performance of the two is going to be very similar so I'd save the $90, your going to be waiting either way.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
jlyttle said:
I am just super anxious to get the system done. And if there is any way to expedite, my cash is waiting! :D
The worst thing you can do is to be in a rush,as was pointed out you've waited this long whats another few weeks.

If you have to wait to get your 1st choice in sub's then so be it,you will end up second guessing your choice if you do.

Wid

Wid

Audioholic
highfihoney said:
The worst thing you can do is to be in a rush,as was pointed out you've waited this long whats another few weeks.

If you have to wait to get your 1st choice in sub's then so be it,you will end up second guessing your choice if you do.
I agree, if you rush into it and not get what you really want there is always going to be "what if".

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Wid said:
I agree, if you rush into it and not get what you really want there is always going to be "what if".
Actually, you can get the "What If"s after every purchase, be it the one you wanted, or the one you settled on.

SheepStar

Wid

Wid

Audioholic
Yes, that's true but you are more likly to have it if you just settle for something rather than getting what you want.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I agree. If you don't get the VTF-2 Mk3, you will want one until you get it or something better like a VTF-3 Mk3 :)

J

jlyttle

Audioholic Intern
Well, great news, I just got an e-mail from HSU letting me know that they are in, about 3 weeks early and will ship maybe tomorrow. Very glad I did not do something impulsive.

Happy Ending!

Matt34

Matt34

Wid said:
Good news indeed, be sure to post your impressions.
...and pictures, I want to see what the maple looks like other than what's on their website.

J

jlyttle

Audioholic Intern
Matt34 said:
...and pictures, I want to see what the maple looks like other than what's on their website.
Will do, as well as pictures of the room. Thanks people.

Wid

Wid

Audioholic
Matt34 said:
Are you the same Matt I met on Headfi?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis