Need glass plate for MC2205

P

PhantomRage

Audiophyte
I need to find a place to buy a replacment glass face plate for my MC2205. Is there a good online place to buy parts for McIntosh?

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
I suggest you call Mac's office. More than likely they will have one. I ordered parts for my uncle's 2105 a couple of years ago and they still had them available. Those are (were) hand painted, so they probably won't be inexpensive.
Duke

P

PhantomRage

Audiophyte
glass,

Thanks for info. I did not even think to ask Mac for the glass. I will give them a shot, and I bet its not going to be cheap. But it is worth it. I love that amp.. :D

H

hogfan

Audioholic Intern
mac glass

why is the glass so fragile on MacIntosh amps? I see this alot on Ebay. I don't own one but I,ve seen their frames, is this heat breakage?:confused:

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
hogfan said:
why is the glass so fragile on MacIntosh amps? I see this alot on Ebay. I don't own one but I,ve seen their frames, is this heat breakage?:confused:
The glass on mac amps is fragile because its glass, most of the breakage you see on ebay is usually from people who shipped a 100 pound amp with a glass face in a cheap box with foam peanuts inside.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis