Need advise setting up HT

S

slickguy

Enthusiast
I got a lot of help here and came back for some additional advice. I finally ordered a receiver - Denon AVR 2112ci. I am trying to shop for speakers and found Polk Audio TL1600 which seemed to have good reviews and in my budget and size. I am planning to put the fronts beside the TV and the rears as in ceiling. My house is prewired (in ceiling), but many of you advised against it, so decided to do it this way. Can any of you suggest if these are good speakers and will be good for movies and music. Will these suit the receiver I purchased?

Apart from these, what additional wires/cables do I need to buy?

Thanks for your help!!!

S

slickguy

Enthusiast
Thanks Crackerballer. My budget was around 800, spent 450 on the receiver already :(. Apart from the receiver and speakers, realized that I need to buy cables, wires etc (which I have no clue where to start) which will keep my budget around that range. I was wondering if the denon I purchased matches the polk TL1600 or the one you recommended.

The polks seems to be smaller in size (compared to the infinity primus) and here was how I was planning to setup my system.

By the sides of the TV on the tv stand for the fronts, center in front of the tv and buy mounts to hang the rears on the ceiling. The polks seemed to be lighter weight and smaller that I can hang on the ceiling.

Here are additional details.

Room Dimensions:
17 L X 18 W X 10 H
Open to Kitchen/Dining

Prewired Home (outlets on ceiling) - 5.1
Listening: movies/music

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis