Need advise on spaeker selection.

M

mrsnorkel99

Audiophyte
I need some advise on selecting home theater speakers. I have right now Yamaha tsr-6750 receiver. This will go in my living room which is 18x13. The way my living room is set up I would have to go with rear ceiling speakers for the surrounds. Unless this is a totally bad idea I would try to make wall mounts work. budget is around 1000.00 can go a little higher if need be. I will use the system for movies and music.
I can do floor standing, I am interested in two fronts a center, a sub and two rears..
Thanks. for your help.

Last edited:
C

copmagnet82

Junior Audioholic
Have you listed to anything, yet? What size will work best for you? Floor standing, bookshelf, on-wall? Do you have room for a sub?

M

Muzykant

Audioholic
Also, are we talking about 2 fronts, 2 rears and a center?

M

mrsnorkel99

Audiophyte
Yes I have room for a sub. Yes two fronts a center and two rears.
. I can do floor standing. I have not listen to anything yet.
thanks

C

copmagnet82

Junior Audioholic
Well... I'd probably listen to something, so you have an idea what you like. Everyone of us likes something else. There is a lot of good speakers out there, all for different ears. I was recently shopping for new speakers and I had my mind set on a set of speakers, based on my tastes from 10 years ago, but then I listed to other manufacturers, and now I ended up liking something completely different than what I liked 10 years ago. My tastes have changed. Listen to something, so you have some sort of a base line. Then once you narrow it down, we can talk about pros and cons of different speakers. It's really hard to tell someone "hey, go get speakers A or B" , you know what I mean?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis